Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i need some help here last night i was coming home and as i was driving i was going to shift into 3rd gear as i pushed the clutch pedal down it just hit the floor i lost all clutch grab. the pedal stays down will not come back up on its own with out help. i noticed the metal rod that comes from the clutch pedal into the engine bay near the transmission was very loose i need some help ??

·
Registered
69 Posts
QUOTE (SlamminMazda6 @ Jan 12 2009, 07:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1502873
Okay i need some help here last night i was coming home and as i was driving i was going to shift into 3rd gear as i pushed the clutch pedal down it just hit the floor i lost all clutch grab. the pedal stays down will not come back up on its own with out help. i noticed the metal rod that comes from the clutch pedal into the engine bay near the transmission was very loose i need some help ??[/b]
Could be a few things, in order of likelihood:

1) slave cylinder or master cylinder have gone bad
3) just low on fluid (doesn't the Mazda6 share fluid with the brakes?)
3) internal clutch parts, such as the release fork

It's hard to say, and I'm not familiar enough with these clutches to tell you how to check.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Danny C. @ Jan 12 2009, 02:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1503025
Could be a few things, in order of likelihood:

1) slave cylinder or master cylinder have gone bad
3) just low on fluid (doesn't the Mazda6 share fluid with the brakes?)
3) internal clutch parts, such as the release fork

It's hard to say, and I'm not familiar enough with these clutches to tell you how to check.[/b]
hey thanx alot for the info. i got a car picked up today they are going to call me tomorrow to see whats wrong but thanx again

·
Registered
69 Posts
QUOTE (SlamminMazda6 @ Jan 12 2009, 08:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1503229
hey thanx alot for the info. i got a car picked up today they are going to call me tomorrow to see whats wrong but thanx again[/b]
No problem, I wish I could have given you more help. Will you let us know what the end diagnosis is?

·
Registered
49 Posts
This Happened to me as well it ended up being the flex line that goes between the tranny and the solid line that looks like a brake line. It had a small pin hole in it BUT was not leaking any fluid. I was lucky that I worked at part source but as most of you know there is alot of aftermarket parts that we can not get ----- so I just went and found a flex line for the rear brakes off of some random car lol And it cost me like $15 and about 20 mins to install

WHAT was the cause ????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
robbie_boy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing