Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of hard to describe, but I get this problem that's intermittent. Sometimes, when I step on my clutch, when the activator hits the piston and the piston starts moving, I hear a popping/clunking sound. I don't really know how to explain it. It'll happen for a while on every single press and then the next day or maybe just later in the drive it'll go away, and then maybe come back a few days later. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? If so, anyone know what it might be? The clutch still feels fine though, it's just when I press on it, it makes the sound. Could it be the piston needs lubrication or something?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Does the sound come from under the dash or more like something is happening under the hood? If it's a click from under the dash it could be the idiot switch or the cruise cutoff switch on the pedal arm. Other than that, I got nothin'. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surprisingly, this all started happening after I've started using the cruise control more now. The sound seems to be below the dash though.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Might be time to stick your head under the dash and give it an up close listen. It sounds like a switch to me, but then I'm not under your dash! :nana:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did look but unfortunately, I can't figure out what it is. It seems to make the sound when the piston part starts to move. It's stopped making the sound now, so I don't know. Comes on and off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
QUOTE (wing_woo @ Jul 12 2008, 02:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1388603
I did look but unfortunately, I can't figure out what it is. It seems to make the sound when the piston part starts to move. It's stopped making the sound now, so I don't know. Comes on and off.[/b]
I've had this exact same problem (posted under my wifes name abm6 in this very mtx forum) and never figured it out. Its intermittent and random as hell, which makes it that much harder to diagnose. When it was doing it, it seemed to be coming from the rubber bushing that goes into the firewall when the clutch pedal is pushed down (get down there and look when you push the pedal down at that little bushing). I put some silicon lube on it to see if it helped, but as its so random it's a toss up if it worked because it went away the next day any way. But it has happened randomly since then, it drives me crazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
romac
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing