• yes, I noticed a change, and i like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, I noticed a change, but i prefer it stock

• yes, but I noticed no change

• no, but i don't like it stock so i want to/plan to

• no, it seems fine, but i haven't tried it yet so i have nothing to compare it to

• no, but i've tried someone elses, and i still prefer stock.

• no, but when compared to past vehicles, i like it stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forigive me if this poll seems redundant but i assure you it isn't. As an advocate of the adjustment I found it hard to believe that more people like the clutch the way it is versus the way it could be after adjustment. I realized the previous poll is misleading because not everyone can answer unless you utilize option d) which is too vague.

I believe it would be a disservice to my MPS comrades to allow the previous poll to keep providing misinformation. It is my goal to provide a more accurate result so that people can actually make an informed decision as to make the change or not.

more poll options are necessary to give a better picture. ie multiple options for those who have tried it and multiple options for those who haven't tried it.

I'm only adding my 2 cents because i believe that those who think it's good stock haven't experienced how good it can be because they haven't tried it yet or it may have already been adjusted from the factory.

Also those that have tried it and didn't feel a difference may not have done it the same as those that did notice a difference because it's impossible not to notice the diff unless it was like that from the factory.

Too many variables to account for and not enough options to cover them all. so here's the poll. forgive the length of the answers as there is no way to cross tabulate the results if i separated the questions. and for those who are curious, yes, i took statistical analysis in college.

P.S. factors not considered due to time and space constraints but should have been:
first time owning a standard car
whether the owner believes the car was adjusted from the factory

·
Registered
488 Posts
Cranked mine 2.5 turns in and readjusted for the same free play. It now feels like a "normal" clutch, not like the weird off/on switch which was useable but just, well, weird.

Thanks for the post and instructions.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too many options here! And my option is gone, so I can't even answer.
[/b]
what option is gone?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
c'mon guys, this poll only got half the responses as the original poll. The results will be more accurate with a larger sample size. Let's add to the knowledge base!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Adjusted and like it, feel alot like my old car which was butter to drive. =)

I could have lived without adjusting it (gave me an excuse to not let my friends drive it, due to the on/off thing throwing off people) but it's smooth so when my GF learns to drive stick it's easier on her.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I adjusted my clutch today and I'm actually able to launch the car now! I can also engine brake w/o the car feeling like I jumped on the brakes. Shifting seems better as well. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
Everytime I was in traffic previously I would either almost bog/kill it or I would overrev it on the launch, it was very difficult to control.
I love it!
Bring on the ATP turbo kit!!!
:D
BTW, took me about 4 minutes to do this not including grabbing a light, a 12mm wrench and reading the instructions again.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of the original options was Yes to the adjustment, yes to noticing a difference, but no preference to either stock or modified.
[/b]
Well this is a multiple choice question where the best answer (relative statement) must be chosen. ie. if you had to write down on a piece of paper in order of preference, having tried it both ways, which one would you write down first on the list? adjusted or stock?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts