Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm driving regular the clutch Pedal always bounces back like normal but when I give it some juice the pedal will still 90% down and I have to pry it back up. The car stays in gear and when I pull it back up I can shift again normally. Any one have any ideas or help?

·
Registered
78 Posts
First check the master and slave clutch cylinders for leakage, if they look good, check/change the brake fluid with a good quality DOT 4 or DOT 5.1 and go from there. I'm not sure why would it stick only at high RPMs though, I have no idea.

·
Rally Racer
2,726 Posts
All I can think of is whether something loose, or perhaps excessively worn mounts that are allowing excessive movement and perhaps something binding. I personally do not have an MTX so I cannot see the exact pathway of everything to give more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mismatched parts can sometimes cause engagement and release problems. Sometimes a clutch won't release because of a leaky or worn piston seal in the master clutch cylinder or slave cylinder, or because the hydraulic fluid has leaked out of the system. These parts may also have to be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts