Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Mazda 6, bought it used in 2012 with 41k miles on it. Almost 8 years later, I've got 241k on it & have noticed the clutch wasn't acting right in the last few weeks. My fiance checked & found the bracket is broken. He was able to patch it for now, but it's most likely not going to last. Has anyone else had this issue? From what both of us have read there's no official recall on it, you can't buy the parts for it, and getting any answers from Mazda is not gonna happen (though I did send them an email immediately from my Mazda app). I love my car & don't want to consider getting rid of her.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Well, depending on what is behind... you could grind the current 90 degree bracket off... and fabricate a heavier, steel, repair bracket that is bolted as shown. Welding on the car is fraught with potential damage to logic modules... I am not sure I would do that...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I personally haven't seen a clutch pedal bracket break on the mazda6 myself but if the 2010 is like other generation you can remove the pedal assembly out of the vehicle and have it welded w/some reinforcement.

I wouldn't weld it on the vehicle..especially at that location. Potentially many risk factors there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My fiance didn't patch the bracket (I should've made that clear, my apologies), he fixed the rod so that I can shift gears properly. He found a Mazda dealership in Atlanta that seems to have the bracket, so I'm waiting on a reply from them. He considered taking it off & having it fixed and reinforced, but this is a busy week for both of us & I don't have a spare car at the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts