Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Mazda6 5speed. I have an issue with the clutch pedal sticking to the floor when shifting into 1st and 2nd - I have to pop it back up with my toe. After that I don't have a problem with any other gear and the clutch doesn't slip or shudder. I've had 2 local mechanics say it's either the master or slave cylinder and the clutch is probably fine. The closest Mazda dealer is 75 miles away but the car is still under warranty so I took it to the dealer. Now the dealer is saying that the transmission needs to come out (to the tune of $910) to diagnos and that it's the clutch and not covered. oh, and it's going to cost ALOT more once they figure out the clutch problem. My local guy says they are screwing me over - cause I'm a girl and don't know any better. Any opinions?

·
Registered
488 Posts
try checking back behind the pedal there may be some bolts that might be loose. thats what happen to my pedal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
stevieb
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing