Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Not sure if you read my thread awhile back when the dealer replaced my clutch because I was getting a clutch judder especially if its cold. Anyways even after replacing it it came back after a month or so.

I just did'nt have time to bring it back and complain but anyways I went for an oil change and did'nt even bring it up coz I needed the car that day. But after the oil change the judder is gone. Only thing I can think of is they probably reset maybe the comp. in my car.

But what exactly do they do, I remember getting a flash awhile back. Is this like a maintenance thing and how is that related to the judder unless its cozed by the comp itself.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Guys,

Not sure if you read my thread awhile back when the dealer replaced my clutch because I was getting a clutch judder especially if its cold. Anyways even after replacing it it came back after a month or so.

I just did'nt have time to bring it back and complain but anyways I went for an oil change and did'nt even bring it up coz I needed the car that day. But after the oil change the judder is gone. Only thing I can think of is they probably reset maybe the comp. in my car.

But what exactly do they do, I remember getting a flash awhile back. Is this like a maintenance thing and how is that related to the judder unless its cozed by the comp itself.

Thoughts?
[/b]
Hey wanna describe the situation a bit more?..the type of jitter or what you mean. I've noticed that when I drive sometimes on cold starts...I get like this big jerk if I release the gas pedal because the car is still cold. Not sure what exactly you're referring to but I wanna know if it's something similar or not.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Well, my judder isn't reproducible on demand.

My clutch judders more distictly when its colder/more humid out... and also when there are more people in the car... meaning the clutch judders more in the fall and winter months than it does in spring and summer.

The judder or shudder, as some call it, is best described IMO as an intense vibration that takes place when the clutch is being released in order to move off in first gear. My whole car shakes, especially the dashboard.

·
Registered
440 Posts
fpalattao, I doubt a flash would affect the judder.. it'll probably come back later. I had the same thing happen, in that the judder seemingly disappeared at times, especially every time I brought it to the dealer ("could not reproduce").

It's been almost a month since my clutch was replaced, it's a LOT better but you know what, I still get a little judder too, nowhere near as frequent or violent as before, but it's disappointingly still there. I specifically asked if they put in the UPDATED clutch, and they said they did. I'm not sure if I should go through the hassle of getting it replaced again.

Anyone else experiencing a little judder with the updated clutch? Is this as good as it gets with the 6's clutch, or did the dealer just put in a new "old clutch"?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But it does seem like it does something since everytime I go back, my car shifts smoothly. So they must be doing something.
fpalattao, I doubt a flash would affect the judder.. it'll probably come back later. I had the same thing happen, in that the judder seemingly disappeared at times, especially every time I brought it to the dealer ("could not reproduce").

It's been almost a month since my clutch was replaced, it's a LOT better but you know what, I still get a little judder too, nowhere near as frequent or violent as before, but it's disappointingly still there. I specifically asked if they put in the UPDATED clutch, and they said they did. I'm not sure if I should go through the hassle of getting it replaced again.

Anyone else experiencing a little judder with the updated clutch? Is this as good as it gets with the 6's clutch, or did the dealer just put in a new "old clutch"?
[/b]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts