Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 Mazda 6 i 2.3 28 days ago with 27,000 miles on it.
Though it was a steal and bought it from a mazda dealership.

Now the car has 30,261 miles on it and the clutch exploded. I was doing my daily commute home on the highway and all of the sudden the car would not go in gear at all whatsoever. The cluctch never slipped or made a sound. So now this is not covered underwarranty and the dealership wants to charge me 1,500$ for reapairs? WTF? :swearin:

I called Mazda and they said it is a wear part and there is no way anything is covered..... ie had the car for 26 days... and bought it from a mazda dealership?

any suggestions?

and how much does it usually cost just to replace a clutch

·
Registered
211 Posts
QUOTE (sno0py @ Apr 16 2009, 03:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1548673
I just bought a 2006 Mazda 6 i 2.3 28 days ago with 27,000 miles on it.
Though it was a steal and bought it from a mazda dealership.

Now the car has 30,261 miles on it and the clutch exploded. I was doing my daily commute home on the highway and all of the sudden the car would not go in gear at all whatsoever. The cluctch never slipped or made a sound. So now this is not covered underwarranty and the dealership wants to charge me 1,500$ for reapairs? WTF? :swearin:

I called Mazda and they said it is a wear part and there is no way anything is covered..... ie had the car for 26 days... and bought it from a mazda dealership?

any suggestions?

and how much does it usually cost just to replace a clutch[/b]
I would request a meeting with the GM of the store and remain calm. If you get out of hand you ruin your chances of him/her wanting to help with the issue. Dealerships have slush funds for just this sort of thing, while they may not pay for the whole repair they may just help. Keep in mind the service advisors get paid for SELLING service not giving it away. You may even want to start with a BBB complaint and let the GM know that you would prefer to keep things simple. If you are young then you may want to bring your dad with you since he will unfortunately get more respect than you will. and remember lines like happy customer sell more cars than upset ones.

Just remember to keep you cool regardless.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
IF you end up payng out of pocket, i would suggest getting an aftermarket clutch ($400) and then finding a shop to install (which should only be $800 at most, but should be able to find for cheaper).

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
QUOTE (Rainmens @ Apr 16 2009, 04:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1548681
IF you end up payng out of pocket, i would suggest getting an aftermarket clutch ($400) and then finding a shop to install (which should only be $800 at most, but should be able to find for cheaper).[/b]
+1

I had the same thing happen to me (financially-wise). My clutch started slipping less than a month after I bought it used. They quoted me $1200 for the fix. Unfortunately, back then I didn't know too much about the available aftermarket world for our car. I seriously, SERIOUSLY regret letting the stealership take care of the issue. Check out therpmstore.com and check out the clutches they offer. I say you are looking at anywhere from $600-$800 total to fix your problem if you just take it to a local shop w/ an aftermarket clutch. If you are okay with spend the $1,200 at the dealership then do this....buy an aftermarket clutch, a Fidanza 8lb flywheel, and take it to a local mechanic and you can have all of that installed for under $1,200 and then you will have a sick ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Front 1ine
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing