Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just bought my 06 veolicty red ms6 and i love the thing ...way better than my old car (03 Tiburon) but anways... i was wondering since i have had clutch issues in the past....how duriable is the ms6 Clutch.... ? how is it holding up and i know the car is pretty new but how many miles do u have on ur clutch currently?
thanks guys
Ryan.

·
Registered
134 Posts
well i just bought my 06 veolicty red ms6 and i love the thing ...way better than my old car (03 Tiburon) but anways... i was wondering since i have had clutch issues in the past....how duriable is the ms6 Clutch.... ? how is it holding up and i know the car is pretty new but how many miles do u have on ur clutch currently?
thanks guys
Ryan.
[/b]
There have been a few threads on this already, in fact I just recently posted a new one even though I probably didn't need to. I have 8000 miles and my clutch is being replaced. I Don't launch the car or drop the clutch, I do drive the car a little hard, but I believe that is what I paid for.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats odd ...8000 miles ? thats crazzzy ....! this clutch seems like it woudl be a type of clutch that would hold up.... i hope it does.. anyone else having isseus?

·
Registered
440 Posts
If the clutch is failing at 8,000 miles and the car has not been beat to living shit I'd have to say it was a manufacturing defect in that car's specific clutch and not in the overall design of the clutch.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If the clutch is failing at 8,000 miles and the car has not been beat to living shit I'd have to say it was a manufacturing defect in that car's specific clutch and not in the overall design of the clutch.
[/b]
Well it most certainly is a flaw in my specific vehicle and not the design. However given the fact that others have also had problems, it is also not an isolated incident. The care was never beat, in fact my service guy was surprised to see so little wear on the rest of the car, particularly the brakes and tires. In any case I'll update my other thread with more infor as I get it. Clutch comes in tomorrow.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well it most certainly is a flaw in my specific vehicle and not the design. However given the fact that others have also had problems, it is also not an isolated incident. The care was never beat, in fact my service guy was surprised to see so little wear on the rest of the car, particularly the brakes and tires. In any case I'll update my other thread with more infor as I get it. Clutch comes in tomorrow.
[/b]
How many miles were onthe car when you got it?

I wonder if some of these clutch problems are due to lot jockeys beating the cars.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
How many miles were onthe car when you got it?

I wonder if some of these clutch problems are due to lot jockeys beating the cars.....
[/b]
I doubt that is it, my car was picked by me from their stock yard. Galpin Ford/Mazda has a huge off site stock yard. Most if not all of those cars come off the transport and go directly there until they are purchased. Only 2 to 3 MS6's made it on to the lot since Galpin Mazda's actual lot is fairly small. Even though they had about 20-25 in stock.

It was not the one I test drove and not one of the ones sitting on the lot for test drives. I never buy my cars from them off the lot, I'll test drive whatever they have on the lot, then tell them I want one that hasn't been test driven. They pull up their stock and take me over to the stock yard to pick one. 4 out of 4 cars I have purchased from them have been such a case. My car had 6 miles on it when myself and the sales guy drove it from the lot to the dealership for prep.

·
Registered
900 Posts
well i just bought my 06 veolicty red ms6 and i love the thing ...how duriable is the ms6 Clutch? how is it holding up and i know the car is pretty new but how many miles do u have on ur clutch currently?
[/b]
This would have been a good thing to search before you bought the car! The jury is probably still out on the MS6, but search the forum for related info. ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
This would have been a good thing to search before you bought the car! The jury is probably still out on the MS6, but search the forum for related info. ;)
[/b]
Blah, blah, blah. The jury among actual owners is not still out. It's nearly unanimous, I think. We love this car for the way it fulfills the purposes it was intended to fulfill: a fast, fun, reasonably good handling sedan. Nuff said.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts