Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just changed my Transfluid this weekend, and when pulling in the garage, I noticed the clutch made a pretty good click (not the starter safety click) when depressing and releasing the pedal. Now, I get it up on the rack, and the look at the slave cycl. and it looks fine (no leaks). I feel around and I notice that the arm that the slave cyl. depresses is loose. I am shake it back a forth with no effort at all. I was going to make an appointment anyway, but figured I would check to see if this is normal.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine off with a quick depression of the clutch pedal, you will hear a click. I've heard it on my '06, and I don't think its a problem.[/b]
Mine does the click down and up with it running!!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah, that "clicking" is common. My car has done it for over 2 years. It happes all the time, especially when the clutch pedal is being released.

My understanding is that it's caused by galling on the release fork pivot point. It causes the pivot to bind up a little and make the "clicking." It doesn't seem to affect clutch operation, it's just annoying. Supposedly a new release fork will eliminate that problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
fly757
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing