Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide which clutch kit and flywheel is better. Don't want a 9.5lb flywheel. Trying to find something inbetween. Any help will be appreciated. I have a 2004 Mazda 6 3.0L. Thank again.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well the options for aftermarket lightweight flywheels are either the 8lbs fidanza or the 16.5 lbs exedy. Keep in mind the stock flywheel is something like 26 or 27lbs. I believe I saw a while back on the OCmazdaspeed site a mazdaspeed flywheel for the 3.0 which is supposed to be around 12.5-13lbs but I dont know if this part actually exists or if anyone has tried it. If it does actually exist it might be a good compromise if you want a little lighter than the exedy but not quite the 8lbs of the fidanza.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have the 8# and a stage 3 clutch. I also installed the Phantom grip lsd.
For a DD i love it. The clutch is soo much smoother now.
I have had zero problems driving in stop and go traffic.
I would defenatly for with the Fidinza if you going to change the flywheel.

·
Registered
734 Posts
honestly i have the fidanza. and other than the dowel pin issue it drives just like stock but better.... i have never stalled my car and doubt i ever will.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I found the 16.5lbs by exedy. Does that Phantom grip work. I'm just trying to get everything, so I dont have to keep dropping the engine out to put another part in. Plus I'm deployed, so want to have everything when I go back.

·
Registered
734 Posts
yes pg does really work. never used it personally but my buddy has it in a 320 hp mx3 and its held up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
midastech390
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing