Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.....and gals of the 6 world, i am looking at upgrading my clutch and flywheel on my six.
#1: my car accelerates a lil sluggish (i think) and i think the flywheel will help
#2: the car looses alot of RPM's when shifting so i think the clutch would help..
I have the 3.0 V-6 ATX with cold air intake and Magnaflow exhaust..im just looking for something that'll help my RPM's go up faster and my shifting to be a lil quicker so any suggestions will help...but i need y'alls inputs because to be honest i dont even know if the ATX uses a clutch...yes call me dumb but i dont know everything thats why i'm asking on here...any help would be great thanx!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
You have a torque converter and a flexplate where the clutch and flywheel would be.So if it is sluggish,get a stall converter and change the drive gear in the transmission for a numerically higher final drive ratio.I know you can get custom torque converters but don't know about the drive gear swap.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
start reading the forums,there are many quick automatic cars on here.it would take to long to list

1 - 5 of 5 Posts