Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my car today to my local dealer and I told them to adjust the cluthc since it was engaging too high for my taste.
My question is if the clutch is like this and can not be adjusted? or did the dealer B.S. me.
Also I might be used to the clutch on my RX8 and when I drive the MS6 it feels different.

Has someone gotten their clutch adjusted at the dealer?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Well I took my car today to my local dealer and I told them to adjust the cluthc since it was engaging too high for my taste.
My question is if the clutch is like this and can not be adjusted? or did the dealer B.S. me.
Also I might be used to the clutch on my RX8 and when I drive the MS6 it feels different.

Has someone gotten their clutch adjusted at the dealer?
[/b]
I can't answer your question as I did the adjustment myself, but this may help:

See this thread, especially post #167: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...9565&st=165

These are pics of the specs and procedures I found in the Mazda factory shop manual that explains what the clutch pedal stroke and free play should be.

Print out the first pic that specifies clutch pedal stroke as 140mm (5.51in) and engagement point as 20mm (0.79in) and ask them to check to see if your's is within that spec. If not, tell them to adjust it to that.

You can try measuring the pedal stroke yourself to see how far out it is. Measure from where the pedal sits normally to where it can't be depressed any more due to hitting the floor. I think you'll find it to be well over 5.51 inches.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Do the clutch adjustment yourself, it makes the push much shorter and somewhat less awkward (depending on how much time you spend to get it just where you want it - I did 2.75 turns on both nuts to shorten it). You won't regret it and as long as you test it afterwards using the procedure listed somewhere with the adjusting instructions, you won't screw anything up.

·
Registered
721 Posts
i got mine done at the dealer. at first they said you can't adjust a hydraulic clutch but after i drew them a picture of the set screws and told them it was done successfully by members of this board they understood what i wanted and said they'd check it out to see if it was possible. low and behold it was possible and they gave it back to me with a properly adjusted clutch pedal.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I will print that spec sheet out and take it to the dealer and have them do it!!!!

Lets see how this goes.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If a dealer ever tells you anything it's probably wrong.
[/b]
:laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts