Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did the clutch adjustment on my 2004 V6, but I think I may have done something wrong, or i'm just being stupid about it. Either way, I adjusted the clutch pedal down as far as the bolt allows, making it almost flush with the brake. I then loosened the pushrod nut, and turned it to give me more freeplay. I have messed around with different positions but right now the push rod is right where there starts to be resitance in the turning. As in, if you were to loosen the push rod as much as possible (pulling it away from the piston) it would be very wobbly and loose. As you start to tighten there comes a point where resistance increases a bit, though not much. It is right at this point.

PROBLEM: This happens about every other shift. When I depress the clutch, on the way back up, it sticks for no more than half a second right before the freeplay section of the throw. So, I accelerate, disengage, shift, and as it reengages it sticks right at the end of the engagement. When it unsticks, there is a slight jump in acceleration - this slight jerk is incredibly annoying, and I fear unnecessary clutch wear.

I'd really like to get this fixed. Tomorrow I am going to adjust the clutch height in addition to just messing with the push rod but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Shua

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a simlar problem, and in some positions, the clutch won't come all the wya back up. I have to pull it back up with my foot.

After hours of adjusting, i have a position which is decent, but it still 'pauses' a millisecond on the way back up. I feel it's the way the spring is set up

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (deeps @ Apr 14 2009, 09:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1547386
I have a simlar problem, and in some positions, the clutch won't come all the wya back up. I have to pull it back up with my foot.

After hours of adjusting, i have a position which is decent, but it still 'pauses' a millisecond on the way back up. I feel it's the way the spring is set up[/b]
I'd have to agree with you. It may be that there is some variation in the springs used considering I haven't really heard this complaint from anyone else. But after I let pedal height up a bit, it definitely went away some. Today I'm going to let the pedal out just a little bit more and then try to put the friction point closer to the floor again and see if it's still operable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had something similar with my '05 6i, but only did it when extremely cold outside. Now that it's warming up a bit all is fine. Guessing I need to regrease the pivot point of the pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
littlegti84
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing