Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Mazda 6i. So I have had this clunking in the front end of my car for almost a year now and it’s getting worse. The sound happens when I go over little bumps or uneven road. I have replaced the shocks and struts and it made the sound worse. If anyone has an idea what this is that be great, I’m tired of hearing it.

·
Rally Racer
2,268 Posts
2007 Mazda 6i. So I have had this clunking in the front end of my car for almost a year now and it’s getting worse. The sound happens when I go over little bumps or uneven road. I have replaced the shocks and struts and it made the sound worse. If anyone has an idea what this is that be great, I’m tired of hearing it.
I'm betting bad control arms. likely the lower rear but in all honesty its probably all of them. Buy the kit and a set of end links and feel it drive like new again.

You'll need one of these

And don't forget to measure the wheel center to arch so you can put the arms in the right position when you do the final torque on those bushings.

Finish up with an alignment and enjoy your nice ride.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is still tie rod ends,steering rack, sway bar. Hate to spend all that money and find it was a $10 bush or a loose bolt!
How many miles are on it. Who fitted the struts, did they mention anything about the drive line?
Jack the front side up enough for you to put a lever under the Tyre(length of timber or steel),
Jiggle it up and down and see if you can hear/find the clunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts