Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start the car each morning, I hear a one-time clunk/pop noise when easing the clutch out to reverse out of the garage. I only notice it in the morning after the car has been sitting overnight, and it only seems to happen that one time each day.

The noise sounds like it is coming from the front of the car - engine bay or suspension. Any thoughts?

Currently at 40k miles.

·
Rally Racer
2,190 Posts
When I start the car each morning, I hear a one-time clunk/pop noise when easing the clutch out to reverse out of the garage. I only notice it in the morning after the car has been sitting overnight, and it only seems to happen that one time each day.

The noise sounds like it is coming from the front of the car - engine bay or suspension. Any thoughts?

Currently at 40k miles.
Hello,
Does it make the noise only with reverse (have you tried easing it out in 1st, or how about neutral?)
Have you tried engaging the clutch in reverse with the parking brake on, (so the car doesn't move)? Maybe help isolate engine/driveline from suspension brake.
Interesting. May be one of those car personality things that used to always be present with older cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts