Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title states.... there is now a clunk coming from the right rear over small bumps, maybe moreso over small depressions or holes. sounds like a loose bolt somewhere, but i took it all apart, retorqed and everything seemd fine. it loks like the rb sway might be hitting the a-arm so i loosened the brackets and pushed the sway bar up as far as a icould and retightened. Maybe a little less clunky, but it's still there, any thoughts or similar problems? it's not crazy loud, but it's befinately noticable, and everything feels tight now. grrrr!!!!
other than that.... yay!!! no more swaying and diving! though RB should have made the front another 1/2" lower to even things out, but i wanted performace, not looks, and i got it.
thanks

·
Registered
900 Posts
Have you e-mailed RB yet? They have a link set up on their site. I've found them to be fairly prompt in replying.

I have the full RB set, too, but mine is still in the box. Did you do new struts? That has been the hold up for me - deciding on struts. Is the ride still acceptable in lieu of the better handling?

·
Registered
42 Posts
It sounds like you installed the RB rear bar upside down. I too was bottoming out and hearing a thud. Flipping the bar around solved the problem completely. It's funny because the bar (end links) fit better with the bar upside down. The car handles sooooooo much better with the front and rear bars. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I agree with surfwagon, i had a similar sound when i did that. Also, be 100% sure your endlinks are torqued, loctited and welded on to the bolts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
upsidedown?!! it looked to me as if it was the same either way?!!? is there some minor difference? apparently there is. i'll look in to it asap.

as for shocks, no i have the stockers for now, but mine only have 4k on them, i intend to do them soon. the ride is, i suppose, a little harsher, but honestly i don't even remember how it was before, cause now it just feels totally normal. I drive some of the crappiest street ever in Boston, and it's not THAT bad at all. I'm glad i went with these vs. the eibach or others that lower it more, i know they would look a little better but i feel these have retained a great ride quality and i'm not going to sheer anything off on speedbumps. you wouldn't really know the car is lowered if you didn't know the 6 well, but it does look a bit better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
broken08
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing