Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering what to go with cloth or leather. My first thought was cloth b/c the leather was hard.

I wanted to get the Xeon HID Head Lights but the only way I could get that option was to go with leather seats.

I read on the forum below that m6 03-05 cloth seats fade fast with 5-6 months. Then they change the type of

of cloth in the m6 2006. Does anyone have m6 2006 with cloth seats and what do you think of them do they

fade fast? For the people that have leather seats how do they hold up? Its get hot here in TX anyone have any

problems with leather cracking? Please post model/year of your car/type of seats/what you think.

Sorry to switch topic. This all came up b/c I wanted to get the HID Headlights. I thought of a work around

If I got the leather seats and then just put cloth seat covers on them it would make the seats softer and then

you would not slide on turn.

Crappy Cloth Interior, NEW Pictures Added!

Thanks for any help

-MaTT

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hello, I was wondering what to go with cloth or leather. [/b]
i seriously just read up to this point and stopped......LEATHER i say! :laugh:

oh, and i have a 2004 6s leather interior, love it, wouldn't trade it for cloth! No problems with the leather, i clean it and condition it pretty much on a monthly basis so it looks good.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
The new cloth in the '06s is way better than previous years. I've had no problems with factory leather in Texas (though I don't have factory leather anymore). But you could bypass the whole thing by buying the car that you want and just putting your own HIDs in. It'd be a lot easier and cheaper than buying a car with leather and then recovering it with cloth.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have the '05 leather and it is way comfy

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have an 06 that came with cloth. One week after purchase had it ripped out and custom leather installed.

Leather will out last cloth, ALWAYS! :D

Just my feelings, I'm sure alot of members enjoy their cloth.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i have cloth and its not the greatest quality but i don't really care.

i've had it since fall 2003 and its definitely getting worn, but i'm going to wait another year or two and put some leatherseats.com in.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had cloth originally and they're a pain to clean and keep clean once they get dirty...which they will. Go with leather.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i have an 05 leather.

ummm, HID's come with leather?

WTF!?!?!?!? i want those!!!!!

leather is comfy. but i was thinking about it, and leather doesnt really make sense. its extra cold in the winter, and extra hot in the summer. and you have to take care of it. its still fucking sweet though, and i love it. mine has some light creases in the drivers seat, but i dont think thats a big deal.

holler. get leather.

·
Registered
978 Posts
leather is comfy. but i was thinking about it, and leather doesnt really make sense. its extra cold in the winter, and extra hot in the summer. and you have to take care of it. its still fucking sweet though, and i love it. mine has some light creases in the drivers seat, but i dont think thats a big deal.

[/b]
there is an alternative...just got my covers from Wet Okole and installed the fronts over the weekend (took about 2 hours for both - took my time since it was a pretty warm day). they are made of neoprene so they are easy to clean and care for while not getting hot or cold with the weather. and i think they look a hell of a lot better than the cloth i had.

still need to put on the rears which will be a bit more difficult, but no rush there. so far they feel as grippy when i'm cornering, and i think they are more comfortable than before. despite the relatively high cost, they fit like they were custom made and my airbags still work so i'm pretty happy with them. there are a few other members around that have bought these covers before me so that's where i heard of them.

here's a pic that's similar to mine (haven't taken pics of mine yet).

·
Registered
867 Posts
definitly get the leather. I have black leather seats in my 2005 mazda6s (silver). wouldn't get cloth. its nice especially in winter, b/c i have heated seats

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have an 06 with black leather interior and I will NEVER go back to cloth seats. I test drove an 05 with cloth seats and then the 06 with cloth and leather and the 06 is by far a better seat in comfort and quality.......LEATHER FTW!!!!!!!!!

But this just my preference.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
By the way....to keep your leather in really good condition, I used Meguiars leather cleaner.....If you have the perforated(sp?) seats use the clothes on that part but use the bottled stuff on the rest.....I learned the hard way when using the stuff on the perforations (sp?) that it leaves little white stuff behind......But just use a good conditioner/cleaner and your seats will stay in good shape for a long time.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
05 with black leather, i was kinda complaining today about how hot it was and how the seats get toasty...but then i though back to my grand am, with the gray cloth, and spring poking thru, and no heated seats, and keeping them clean....and yeah, I'd go with the leather.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
everytime i ride in my friends 6 with cloth, i remember how thankful i am for my choice of leather. and i know people say, leather is hotter, well it can get hot, but it disapates the heat quicker. and honestly, i always feel "hot" when i ride in a 6 with cloth vs my leather. personally if i had bought a 6 with cloth, i woulda traded it in by now. as the cloth in the 6 fells like shit imo.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
29 Participants
gdspc
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing