Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Having awful trouble with my navigation during a cold snap here in Ireland. The card ends up doing a boot loop on my whole infotainment system until it either warms up or I take the card out. Have looked it up and it's an issue with the supplied sd card and the connectors during cold weather (which really I feel should be a recall) anyway mazda dealership wanted upwards of €300 for a replacement but no thank you! So I've been trying to copy it and finding it hard. I think I need to find out the CID number. Has anyone had any luck copying their sd card? I've tried mazda toolbox but it won't accept my new blank sd card.
Forgot to mention, the blank sd card I bought is temperature resistant so will work if I can clone it properly.
Any help would be great.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, there was a bad batch of sdcard in North America. My dealership (in Canada) checked the model number of my sdcard the first time I asked for an update of the infotainment system.

Maybe someone else will have more details.

If all else fails, you could always buy a replacement card from eBay or Amazon. Way cheaper than what the dealer is asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts