Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactally is clocking issue? I just installed lowering springs and at the rear, the driver side wheel is lower (apprxo 1/4") than the passenger side rear wheel?

Is this a clocking issue? If so, how can I fix it?? Or is this something else?? Thanks.....

·
Registered
364 Posts
you have to spin the spring to be seated right in the cup. not a big deal...jack up the rear of the car again and see if you have the springs rotated correctly in the cup

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh... OK, thank you.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had the same problem with my AutoEXE springs and it turned out to be the cut end of the rear driver side spring that was not sitting properly in the groove created for it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same problem with my AutoEXE springs and it turned out to be the cut end of the rear driver side spring that was not sitting properly in the groove created for it.
[/b]
Quick question... is that on the top of the spring and not bottom??

·
Registered
29 Posts
What exactally is clocking issue? I just installed lowering springs and at the rear, the driver side wheel is lower (apprxo 1/4") than the passenger side rear wheel?

Is this a clocking issue? If so, how can I fix it?? Or is this something else?? Thanks.....
[/b]

I just had Megan Racing spings installed on my MS6, I also have a 1/4" difference (lower) on my rear driver side.

I assume it is a "clocking issue". I will try to investigate this weekend.

Also, did you cut either your front or rear "bump stops"?

I did not cut them and the rear driver side appears to be riding on the "bump" stop. How are yours?

I also installed rx-8 rims with 235/40/18 Toyo Proxies 4's which fit real nice with no rubbing.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts