Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a random "clink clink" sound immediately after letting off the gas at lower speeds after accelerating.

As far as I can tell (while in the drivers seat), it comes from the passenger side of the car, maybe the passenger's door or below the seat or under the car.

The "clink clink" isn't always identical in sound but similar.

I don't believe it's coming from the engine compartment. If I had to guess I would say it sounds like a loose bolt rolling around in the passengers door and the change in inertia from letting off the gas causes it to roll forward. That's what it sounds like, but if it were a bolt it would make a similar sound while accelerating also.
It's only during abrupt deceleration.

Anyway, anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i have that sometime too, but i hear it from the driver's side.... ive never seen anything rolling around in either the passanger or driver side. I was going to check it out this weekend cause it was getting to be a really obnoxious. i'll PM you with my results...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Check your door handles and pockets and make sure no other passengers had left anything in there. That's happened to me a few times. The woman of house loves to leave small objects that can't really be seen like hair pins, but sure can't be heard.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
already done that, still the noise exists.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've noticed a random "clink clink" sound immediately after letting off the gas at lower speeds after accelerating.

As far as I can tell (while in the drivers seat), it comes from the passenger side of the car, maybe the passenger's door or below the seat or under the car.

The "clink clink" isn't always identical in sound but similar.

I don't believe it's coming from the engine compartment. If I had to guess I would say it sounds like a loose bolt rolling around in the passengers door and the change in inertia from letting off the gas causes it to roll forward. That's what it sounds like, but if it were a bolt it would make a similar sound while accelerating also.
It's only during abrupt deceleration.

Anyway, anyone know anything about this?
[/b]
SUNOFAGUN! I have that too, it's like a creeking sound evertime I brake abruptly actually located in the front passenger door area in which I dont know the exact location. Like Runningriot said happens only on deceleration. its like something is not aligned or not in the right place to cause the stretching creeking sound. But why only on deceleration? I never bothered posting it since I thought mine was only an isolated case. I have to tell you it is irritating and annoying especially on city driving where frequent stops are made. Anyone else who has this?

·
Registered
851 Posts
sunroof open?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Does anyone hear that? Anyone? It sounds like, like...like a...I just can't put my finger on it. It sounds like a RECALL.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i doubt it. most creaks and noises will fall under technical service bulletins (TSB) unless it is directly related to a safety component or is hazardous to your safety.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Something rattling inside the glovebox?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Something rattling inside the glovebox?
[/b]
no rattling, it is a creeking twisting sound by the door whenever it decelerates or the car is passing on an uneven level, it sounds like stepping on an old wood flooring.

·
Registered
851 Posts
oh that's easy. its your car body flexing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've found that the lid to the glasses holder compartment rattles sometimes. Next time you hear it, open and close the sunglasses lid.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have the same thing. For me it is the driver's airbag cover.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no rattling, it is a creeking twisting sound by the door whenever it decelerates or the car is passing on an uneven level, it sounds like stepping on an old wood flooring.
[/b]
Yes! Exactly like that!

oh that's easy. its your car body flexing.
[/b]
This has never happened from any other car I've ever owned. I'm driving my MS6 any harder than any other car. It bothers me. I hate noises in my car!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Bump...

This issue has become more frequent now. I can reproduce it all the time.

Every time I break, there is a clunk sound.
[/b]
this happens to me also its like something is wrong with the brakes like clink clink or when im pullin off, i know exactly what ur talkin about but i have a 2005 mazda 6i

·
Registered
679 Posts
Bump...

This issue has become more frequent now. I can reproduce it all the time.

Every time I break, there is a clunk sound.
[/b]

Everytime you break what?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts