Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between "climate control" and "heater controls" on a 2004 Mazda 6 cd/radio unit?

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
I believe you're referring to the difference between the ACC (Automatic Climate Control), and the standard HVAC controls used on lower-models. The ACC is all automatic, adjusting the temperature, fan speed, and direction of airflow to maintain a set temperature. The controls for the ACC are a combination of buttons and rotary dials, and are shown below:

The manual controls are a more conventional layout that cars have used for years, with fully manual control of the temperature, fan speed, and direction. These are shown below:

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would those 2 units be interchangeable? I am trying to replace the bottom picture with the manual controls with the top unit that has the automatic controls. Unfortunately, I didn't realize there was a difference and bought the wrong one on ebay. They both say they fit a 2004 Mazda 6. Thanks.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
I doubt if they're interchangeable, since the Auto system runs with extra wiring and temperature sensors. There was another member that wanted to try to just replace the controls for the manual system with ACC controls, but then just run it manually, but I'd doubt that would work well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I doubt if they're interchangeable, since the Auto system runs with extra wiring and temperature sensors. There was another member that wanted to try to just replace the controls for the manual system with ACC controls, but then just run it manually, but I'd doubt that would work well.
i agree

1 - 5 of 5 Posts