Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the backlights on the Automatic Climate Control system went out on my '04 6s. Does anyone know the lamp part number or if it can be replaced without replacing the entire module?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Bry

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i am in the same position... one of my knob lights is out and was wondering how or what i need to do to get it working again!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I actually went to Radio Shack and looked for minature 12V bulbs and found them there.

I just had to cut the tails on the new bulbs b/c they were longer than the ones in the car.

It worked great!

I also found really little bulbs that light up the butt warmer switch when that burned out.

Seriously, the bulbs at the Shack were less that $3.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

Remove your old lamp, take it to the Shack, match it and BAM!

·
Banned
1,259 Posts
Here are the part #' on the bulbs...
GJ6G-61-C95 (2) & GJ6R-61-C95 (3). They are using 2 different bulbs in the auto climate control. When I had my bulbs replaced the only difference I could see was the bulb base being a different color. All 5 of my bulbs were replaced under warranty.

Sheldon
[email protected]

·
Registered
140 Posts
GJ6G-61-C95 (2) & GJ6R-61-C95 (3). They are using 2 different bulbs in the auto climate control. When I had my bulbs replaced the only difference I could see was the bulb base being a different color. All 5 of my bulbs were replaced under warranty.

Sheldon
[email protected][/b]
Thanks to both you guys.. you helped me alot.. my local dealer was feeling stupid when I showed up with the part #... :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
QUOTE (MAZMART Sheldon @ Jan 24 2008, 01:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1241596

Sheldon
[email protected][/b]
I was wondering exactly that; are the bulbs considered warranty items? I've read the warranty booklet and can see nothing that says they aren't.

·
Registered
273 Posts
LED update?

I hate to bump an old thread, but has anyone every found an LED replacement that fits in the climate control socket? Even discounted to $10 apiece by my local dealership, the stock incandescent bulbs are pricey. I'd assume an LED would last MUCH longer, and wouldn't be prone to blowing after hitting large bumps/potholes, etc.

JH

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hate to bump an old thread, but has anyone every found an LED replacement that fits in the climate control socket? Even discounted to $10 apiece by my local dealership, the stock incandescent bulbs are pricey. I'd assume an LED would last MUCH longer, and wouldn't be prone to blowing after hitting large bumps/potholes, etc.

JH
I had to replace a bulb on one of my automatic climate control knobs a week or so ago. LEDs may not necessarily match the rest the color of the instrument cluster, but the bulb is a 4mm neowedge for both incandescent and led. Look for Type B (T4) bulbs. If you want to match the rest of the dash, just get clear and re-use the red/orange bulb cover from the old bulb. Otherwise, pick any bulb you want. The good thing about incandescents is they're not 'polarized' so no matter how you put it in, it will work. LEDs are normally polarized unless otherwise noted which can be a pain when installing these tiny bulbs behind the climate control knobs. Scroll down this page for the bulbs:

Autolumination Instrument Panel Light Bulbs & Lamps)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts