Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
LOL...side markers on Amazon?! Wow...they're starting to branch out.
That is a reasonable price for clear sides I think I would get them. If revotec and the other eBay seller (i forget the name) aren't carrying them anymore, then I would say this is good buy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL...side markers on Amazon?! Wow...they're starting to branch out.
That is a reasonable price for clear sides I think I would get them. If revotec and the other eBay seller (i forget the name) aren't carrying them anymore, then I would say this is good buy.
[/b]
ha yeah i wasnt really sure and when i searched google that was one of the matches that came up.... also do you or anyone else know about converting the side marker to turn signals? is it hard to do?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The tabs look right but I'm confused by the clear plastic. It doesn't look like it's thick enough to fit on the front with a bulb. It's probably the picture. Anyway, $35 isn't bad, particularly if they have them in stock.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tabs look right but I'm confused by the clear plastic. It doesn't look like it's thick enough to fit on the front with a bulb. It's probably the picture. Anyway, $35 isn't bad, particularly if they have them in stock.
[/b]
i really want these...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-07-Mazda...050202435QQrdZ1
does anyone or has anyone ever converted them to fit in the US models? if so was it hard? i know they said you have to drill into them but is that all you have to do?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Do you mean the black tails (that are on the NA '06 models) with the bulge or the non-bulge black tails from ebay? If you just want to swap, go with the bulge. Search the forum, you'll find plenty of answers for either. :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
ha yeah i wasnt really sure and when i searched google that was one of the matches that came up.... also do you or anyone else know about converting the side marker to turn signals? is it hard to do?
[/b]
I did the side marker as turn signal a couple months ago and even though I'm not mechanically inclined at all, I didn't think it was that hard. I found that taking off the front bumper made splicing into the wire is very easy. the wire taps I used are the ones that you can get at home depot for a few bucks and I also used 18 gauge wire. I've since taken off the bumper without jacking up the car, but it is easier with the car on stands. mazda6tech has all the pics in the how-to's so figuring all this out is just a matter of following directions and taking your time. good luck, and if you have some questions, feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i really want these...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-07-Mazda...050202435QQrdZ1
does anyone or has anyone ever converted them to fit in the US models? if so was it hard? i know they said you have to drill into them but is that all you have to do?
[/b]
a caveat about that seller hk-plus. From what I've seen on this board, it's either hit or miss with that seller. Some people have had no problems, and some people have disliked what they've received.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Those tails are nice looking actually. Are they tinted euros??

·
Registered
412 Posts
Those tails are nice looking actually. Are they tinted euros??
[/b]
A word of advice with HKPlus. The picture you see is NOT what you are actually buying, its just an example of the product. You'll notice that he uses the same picture for every auction of that item.

Unfortunately, while I trust him fine on many small things, he has been known to take clear euro tail lights, crack them open, paint the inside, and glue them back together. Many people have noticed the shoddy re-construction around the edges. Tail lights are one thing I would stear clear of from him.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Many white bubbles at the edges of the tail lights. The quality is not always superior. A member here, ran a black line around the edges of the tails, and it made them look 100% better, so if you want to take a chance do it, it'll make your car look that much better, but be warned it's not always what you wanted on Ebay.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
i'm glad i bought my clears when i did, cost me 30 bucks including shipping back in the day... now they are scarce and going for as high as 40 bucks (from what i noticed on ebay when including shipping)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts