Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Clear Rear lens on Ebay'

How did he get these and are they for real? They look legit...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by ozzie

maybe i should go buy a heap of clear tail lights and start selling them on ebay .LOL big money:D[/b]
actually, thats not a bad idea if u ask me

wonder how he got them tho? he said they are dealer options? does he know somethin we dont?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Reading Topic: Clear Rear lens on Ebay

WTF! just today, the parts dept sales rep told me they were still on backorder!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

If you look at all his other auctions, they are all tail light assemblies. Maybe this guy works at a plant that manufactures taillights for Auto Companies or in their warehouse.

He would be the first to get his hands on any new product.

Most people would be amazed if they knew how much of their car is not manufactured by the company with their name on the trunk.

·
Registered
543 Posts

Wow - I am admittedly not a "gearhead" and know next to nothing about aftermarket parts, etc. but WOW - I can't believe how much just taillight lenses are!! And a guy on Edmunds said they'd be like $265 or something like that, as an option from Mazda! Yikes. Maybe I'll just stick with the stock red ones. :D

·
Registered
837 Posts

I think the red ones looks best in bright colour car. I was thinking of going clear lens for the original Dark Grey/Steel Gray car but now that I got the Silver, I think the red really contrast the car better.

Now only if I can get rid of that stupid bump on the side. I rather have that smooth design like the JDM version. I wonder if in the future they will have that design in the standard red we have now. :)

·
Registered
526 Posts

At the rate it's going, they're going to be close enough to retail that I'd rather get them from a dealer. Returns and close proximity etc. is worth a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by mazdamarla

I can't believe how much just taillight lenses are!!  [/b]
They aren't just lenses, it's the entire lens & housing. On many cars today the units are sealed and have to be replaced as a unit. I can only imagine what a 6 headlight housing costs.

·
Registered
298 Posts

why would anyone buy them on Ebay when you can get them cheaper at finishlineperformance.com?? you just have to wait a few weeks or so?? If you ask me that's PRETTY STUPID..considering the price it's currently selling on Ebay. That doesn't EVEN include S&H. DUMB!! DUMB!!

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

It's all about demand. Somebody prolly just wants to be the first on his block to have them. More power to him/her. I'll wait for mazdastuff or mazdaformance to get em.

·
Registered
541 Posts

You'd be amazed how often that happens. I saw it alot on my motorcycle message board. Yo'd have guys bidding on things on Ebay and wind up paying more than if they just bought it from a reputable store. Some people do't know how much things cost and/or are too lazy/stupid to look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts