Mazda 6 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
So with my silver 08 the Headlights are dark on the inside,

Should I get the Clear side markers or the Smoked?

Smoked might match the headlights better, but Im leaning toward the clear

or

and I know the clear bulb with the clear is illegal, but if you use the amber bulb is it legal?
Ive had clear corners on my other car for years, never got pulled over, I think I'll use the clears

And what is the general consensus with where to buy the side markers?
Ebay seems to have the best deal, but do they fog up?
And RPM only has the smoked, but they fog up, is that correct?

·
Registered
99 Posts
too late, I ordered from RPM store, simply because the LED's look much better than either of the two pictures I posted.

but, they're BACK ORDERED!

·
Registered
55 Posts
has anyone simply removed the stock side markers and tinted them with tint spray?
if so how does it look? with pics possibly?

im trying to remove the front and rear side markers, sand them, tint spray them, and put new blue-ish 194's in

thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd bet that the tower III's would be too tall for the side markers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sooo... I bought the Smoked Side Markers from RPMstore back in August, and I just noticed that Two of the LEDs are out on the passanger side.
Im waiting to for RPM store to get back to me regarding this.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bump for where you guys put your silicone to keep the markers MOISTURE FREE!
Did you ever figure out the solution to the moisture? I thought I put on a good ring before I installed the side markers, but it seems im getting enough moisture in the right passenger light to cause the front 2 or 3 LED's to short when it gets wet.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I installed the side markers I turned the wheel so I have as much room as possible then removed the 4 or so plastic clips in the wheel well. I then put my hand though the gap so I can push the clip on the side marker to release it. I then changed the bulb and marker and snapped it back in. It was not too difficult but was a pain to push them out.

161 - 180 of 181 Posts
About this Discussion
180 Replies
114 Participants
Project_dog
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing