Mazda 6 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just wanted to let anybody that cares know....
I got the smoked side markers from RPM.
No fit.
Took the old ones out, pushed the new ones in as hard as possible... nothing.
tried the originals to see how hard it was for them to push in. they snapped back in with a click effortlessly.

Anyone heard of this with RPM sidemarkers and a 07 6i.[/b]

Having the same problem-exactly the same-old ones snap in no problem-new ones well they just won't snap in??????????????????????

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ok so how did you guys hook em up......turn signals, regular lights? also how did you guys hook up the rear ones? Thamks[/b]
Talking to myself-always make sense,lol, I hooked up the rear with regular lighting.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Having the same problem-exactly the same-old ones snap in no problem-new ones well they just won't snap in??????????????????????[/b]
Snapped in fine on my '06 MS6. Are the '07's different? Mine were also marked for which side they go on...did you try that? Also, are you putting them in right so the snap in side is closest to the driver/passenger door?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Snapped in fine on my '06 MS6. Are the '07's different? Mine were also marked for which side they go on...did you try that? Also, are you putting them in right so the snap in side is closest to the driver/passenger door?[/b]
Yep quite sure I am doing it right cause old ones snap in, put some chaulking near wiring so water wouldn't get in, will remove that and try again tomorrow,lol.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
QUOTE (asta1800 @ May 29 2008, 05:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1358012
Yep quite sure I am doing it right cause old ones snap in, put some chaulking near wiring so water wouldn't get in, will remove that and try again tomorrow,lol.[/b]
Have you given RPM a call about it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
QUOTE (Insane @ May 29 2008, 08:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1358069
Have you given RPM a call about it?[/b]

Not yet insane, but tomorrow will try to install them again without the chaulking I put and if no go, then will contact RPM, thanks dude.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yessssssss, got them in lol, car looks great, soon will post pics.

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (asta1800 @ May 30 2008, 05:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1358789
Yessssssss, got them in lol, car looks great, soon will post pics.[/b]
Guess I'm a little late to this but good that you got them in. I was going to say I just installed the RPM smoked side markers on tuesday this week. They did not "snap" when I put them in but they were indeed latched in and don't move at all. The hook doesn't seem to make the sound that the stock ones did.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Cool, thanks for the photos insane. I just ordered these from RPM yesterday, and was hoping they would look good on a liquid platinum MS6. Those look nice!

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
No problem man. I really am happier than I expected with these. They really clean up the nose of the car, and because they are smoked, they have almost a silverly look to them instead of clear, so they really fit the LPM color well. The painted ones at SU seemed too dark, and also geared toward a dark colored or black vehicle. I also was pleasantly surprised at how they looked when they are turned on. The LED's look awesome, and you'd never know they were not orange sides when they are on.

I never really noticed how much those orange stockers stuck out until they were off the car.

Thanks for the comments and I think you'll love them on yours.

Off topic, but did you ever decide what you are doing on suspension instead of those awesome HSD's? ;)

:)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
QUOTE (Insane @ May 31 2008, 11:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1359220
Off topic, but did you ever decide what you are doing on suspension instead of those awesome HSD's? ;)

:)[/b]
Yep, I ordered the RPM street springs at the same time as the side markers. I'm going to go with the stock struts for a while, then eventually replace them with Bilsteins. I'll determine if I need the SBC ball joints once I see how much the camber changes on the front wheels after the drop.
As for the HSDs, they're still sitting in my room waiting to be sold, I think it'll have to be on craigslist, for a huge loss, since there's been so much negative talk on this forum about them...

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have been looking at these for a while. Does the light match the amber bulbs in the turn signals, or at least close? Hey Insane. Thanks for the pics. I have the same color MS6 and have been looking for a picture of those.

Does anyone have pics of the rear smoked lenses that go on the bottom bumper? Also install instructions????

·
Registered
192 Posts
QUOTE (priceprince @ May 31 2008, 03:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1359062
Cool, thanks for the photos insane. I just ordered these from RPM yesterday, and was hoping they would look good on a liquid platinum MS6. Those look nice![/b]

I think these are one of the best mods you can do to a glacier silver 6... it makes it look so much cleaner... its amazing how the cheaper things you can do end up making such a big difference...

BTW... it is absolutely possible to get to the side markers through the wheel well... you just have to turn your wheels to the opposite side, pop out a few clips, and hulk your hand back there... took about 10 minutes each side.

Looks amazing, a must do!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just put some clear side makers on as well. I use the amber bulbs it came with. The almost look orange when lit. Not a problem popping the old ones out. I went under the car way as first described. Remove the 4 screws and moved the panel to the side. I used a medium flathead screwdriver but not for prying. I held on the screwdrive shaft and layed the flathead sideways on the locking clip and pulled foward as well as pushing inward which is outward the car. It snapped easily out. Note the dot words that are on the outside of the lens (across the bottom) and that the bulb points forward the car. I put the first on upside down. It didnt sit flush all the way in but it still snapped in so becareful. Instead of silicone caulk which dries, I used plumber's silicone grease on the O-ring gasket so in the future when you need to change bulbs you don't have to scrape and clean the dried caulk out.

141 - 160 of 181 Posts
About this Discussion
180 Replies
114 Participants
Project_dog
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing