Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the Clear Marker Lights I purchased from http://www.revolutionsix.com/

*** THEY DON"T SELL THEM ANYMORE ***

Anyway, I took some pictures of the install. Perhaps it may inspire some of those less mechanically inclined. To show how simple this mod is... and how much better the car looks afterward.

I want to point out however that this is how I did it and I had no problems. If you break something following this message, I accept no responability. Do at your own risk.

... this takes less than an hour. You'll need an 8mm nut driver or a phillips screwdriver and some ramps or jack stands.

(Any corrections or ommissons are welcome... (critics can post too :sarc: )

First off I got the car up on ramps. (you can use jack stands if you want) Warning: be careful when lifting a car and follow all the intructions provided with such equipment.

Next, I removed the the 4 screws holding the corner cover plate on.

Now if you look up you can see the lens. Twist the bulb fixture and pull it out. Next remove the lens by squeezing the big tab on the fixture and pushing. The lens should pop out.

Pop in the new lens from the out side (you should be able to figure this out). Replace the bulb with the amber one provided in the kit. Line up the tabs on the bulb fixture with the hole in the lens fixture- push in and twist to lock the bulb in place.

Reinstall the cover. Repeat on the other side.
Note: the passenger side is far more cramped for space, but it's still easy to do.

and your finished.

Before:

After:

Off:
https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~rgalambo/publi...stalled-Off.jpg

On:
https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~rgalambo/publi...nstalled-On.jpg

That's about it. Any comments? I think this is the simplest way to make this car so much better looking than it is. I totaly recomend this item. :love:

If you want to see the whole car:

·
Registered
978 Posts
you're going to hate the way that amber bulb looks at night w/ the anzo's. i put the stock bulb back in since it (not quite but closely) matches the stock headlights.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
nice write up. i wound up taking the wheel off for more working space, so a bit more of a PITA. gonna install a chromed amber bulb when i get the chance. may have to try it your way.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I did it the same way as the writeup. Crossbow told me to just drive the car up on ramps, take off the black panel on the bottom, and then stick needle nose pliars up and pop the thing out. It took 10 mins tops.

I also kept in the stock bulbs. Orange = blech.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by bgr6@Jul 6 2005, 04:35 AM
you're going to hate the way that amber bulb looks at night w/ the anzo's.  i put the stock bulb back in since it (not quite but closely) matches the stock headlights.
[snapback]448556[/snapback]​

Really?! That's wierd... I actually liked the amber glow at night. It looks like you have the amber lens back in. Maybe I'm just wierd.... :huh:

·
Registered
978 Posts
eh, it's a matter of opinion. i only said that because i along with most people w/ the anzo's hated those bulbs. if you like it, screw what we think :D .

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by bgr6@Jul 6 2005, 03:29 PM
eh, it's a matter of opinion.  i only said that because i along with most people w/ the anzo's hated those bulbs.  if you like it, screw what we think  :D .
[snapback]449185[/snapback]​
:laugh: :laugh: No... I think I'm just wierd :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I ordered my clear markers from revolutionsix about 3 weeks ago. How long did it take for you guys to get yours. I thought it would only take 1-2 weeks? I also emailed them 2x with no response back. Just curious how long it took for you guys to get yours from these guys.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by gride99@Jul 7 2005, 05:42 PM
I ordered my clear markers from revolutionsix about 3 weeks ago. How long did it take for you guys to get yours. I thought it would only take 1-2 weeks? I also emailed them 2x with no response back. Just curious how long it took for you guys to get yours from these guys.
[snapback]450189[/snapback]​
I got mine from them they arrived last week... it took a week and a bit to get them here in Calgary, Canada.

I found their e-mail form didn't work... or had a bug. Someone told me to PM falcontx on this board... he fixed me up. I'm sure he can help you too...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Originally posted by gride99@Jul 7 2005, 08:42 PM
[snapback]450189[/snapback]​
eBay. 38 bucks shipped. 4 days.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Originally posted by gride99@Jul 7 2005, 07:42 PM
We ran out of stock. I have sent an email to everyone who has ordered. I have also responded to every email asking about them. Perhaps you are not receiving my responses for some reason? Either way, if you PM me, I will definitely get you taken care of, even if it means giving you a complete refund.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Originally posted by falcontx@Jul 8 2005, 10:37 AM
We ran out of stock. I have sent an email to everyone who has ordered. I have also responded to every email asking about them. Perhaps you are not receiving my responses for some reason? Either way, if you PM me, I will definitely get you taken care of, even if it means giving you a complete refund.
[snapback]450552[/snapback]​
Thanks for the fast responce, PM sent.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by gride99@Jul 8 2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the fast responce, PM sent.
[snapback]450564[/snapback]​

I have an 03 6s, when i first got the car in the summer of 03 i removed the bulbs and installed flasher lights in there. Now i purchased the anzo clears and i have no idea where i put the bulbs. I just left the harness in the fender. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me where i can find that piece. Not the bulb but the part the bulb goes into and plugs into the harness. Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just got my Anzo's today (Thank you RPM) and couldn't be happier.

Don't try to pry them out with a screwdriver from the outside - follow this threads instructions instead.

It's amazing how much better these make my front-end look. I'm looking at a $200 dollar look for a quarter of the cost. More importantly, I now have balance to my chrome fuel door. :yesnod:

If you have a darker colored car (...hell, if you have a 6) you need to get these.

That is all.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Got mines today, and following instructions. Thank you RPM, and thanks to Smilinvamp for the easy to follow instruction.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Got mine from ebay as well. The plastic in the back (the thing you push to pop off) seems brittle on the new ones, im afrait itll bust. Also, the whole thing is clear.. that is the plastic that sits on the outside, flush with the car is clear.. i always though they were that "bumpy from the back" plastic like the stock ones are but just white...

1 - 20 of 181 Posts