Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been anyone out there that has found clear front side markers for the 6 yet? I thought I saw a photo of a car with them but I can't find the post now. I have a steel Gray with the US clear tail lights and the front side markers would complete the look.

Thanks,:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Clear front side markers'

The pic you are looking for was photoshopped. I too am in the market for the clear side markers. As of yet no luck :(

F

·
0 Posts
Reading Topic: Clear front side markers

Sup all, new guy here and i gotta say i did not know driving a 6 was that much better. Oh and on those clear side markers...if it's in the US then it could be a glassed-in mod. Acura markers and kit on a 6.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Acura Markers on a 6? Which Acura? The shape of our markers is pretty funky. It would be cool if it worked but I just dont see that happening. Anybody else have some ideas on the markers?

·
Registered
34 Posts

Hey i had an mx6, and i got my clear sidemarkers from procarparts.com. As of now they dont have it, but i think they will soon come out with it.

·
Registered
167 Posts

I figured I would post this in this topic since it relates to the idea I had. While not trying to mimic other cars too much, anyone know of a way to wire the side markers so that they are always on once you turn on the car, somewhat like that of a vette or trans am? I don't really care either way, but just curious. If there was such a way, I'd at least be interested in trying it out. Clear or standard amber color doesn't apply here.

F

·
0 Posts

those clears i mentioned came from an Acura NSX. and the kit was civic modifing to fit with some fibreglass

·
Registered
34 Posts

jzoom...

Yea it is very easy, on my old mx6 i wired the side lights to my turn signal, but all you have to do is find the ignition wire somewhere and get a scotchlock and attacxh it to the positive ignition wire, then put another wire through that and bring it over to each side marker and attach it to the positive of the sidemarker. and if you want you can snip the wire so only the ignition turns it on. That was just a one minute explanation but if you ever installed neons or foglights, it would be very easy for u.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Thanks. I would probably try it if I get the time soon. I think at least at night, it would look good with all lights off except those. Anyone tried it on the 6 yet or am I gonna be a guinea pig?

·
Registered
15 Posts

Kinda replying late but I just read it now, sorry. I checked in the folders I got here in Belgium (Europe) and they've all got clear ones so maybe you could get em shipped from Europe? A bunch of you could order them at ones, that way shipping costs would be less, I do it alot with computer parts from the US;)

·
Registered
391 Posts

Carefull...

The front side markers are not the same in NA and Europe :

NA : at the front of the wheel... corner markers

Europe : between the wheel and the door... side markers

·
Registered
652 Posts

Which begs the Question:

Why the heck did Mazda do that?

I mean, look at the EVO, and even the Protegé....they have the euro style side markers as does the Jetta and Audi

·
Registered
34 Posts

I got an idea.

Go to procarparts.com and email them asking about clear front sidemarkers for the mazda6. I bought mine there for my old mx6, and i think if there is a good amount of people emailing them then they might consider making them or requesting them.

Worth a shot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts