Mazda 6 Forums banner

Cleansweep Or Locs In The Following Install

716 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  cherryspeed 
#1 ·
I just picked up my 07 Mazda6Sport, and i'm loving it so far, except for one small issue: Sound Quality. I have the base (non-bose) stereo, and i'm not impressed with the quality of the sound.

My current plans are new speakers front and rear, a small (8" or 10") sub in a sealed box and amps for each of these (though the amps for front and back may come at a later date)

I know, from looking at the cleansweep sticky post, that i could easily get 3 LOC and tap the front speaker signal three times for those, but then i'd loose front to back balance. That being said, i rarely adjust that, so it may be something i'd consider.

Has anyone else done an install like this? Of those who bought a cleansweep (or rf360) did you have an LOC first and upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
sorry my friend not many people have '07's yet there fore we arent 100% informed if any electronics have changed. But im guessing not. Im actually doing the same thing as you are, but im not quite sure if i want to do it myself yet because im not to good with car audio.

#4 ·
I just picked up my 07 Mazda6Sport, and i'm loving it so far, except for one small issue: Sound Quality. I have the base (non-bose) stereo, and i'm not impressed with the quality of the sound.

My current plans are new speakers front and rear, a small (8" or 10") sub in a sealed box and amps for each of these (though the amps for front and back may come at a later date)

I know, from looking at the cleansweep sticky post, that i could easily get 3 LOC and tap the front speaker signal three times for those, but then i'd loose front to back balance. That being said, i rarely adjust that, so it may be something i'd consider.

Has anyone else done an install like this? Of those who bought a cleansweep (or rf360) did you have an LOC first and upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
[/b]
Assuming there are no major changes for 07 you could buy an loc like the audio control lc6. There are cheaper loc's out there but the audio control unit adds three pairs of outputs and level controls for balance, ect.
I use a rf 3sixty,2, which accepts both high and low level inputs. This unit is pricey (I found it online for $450 shipped) but it is amazing. There is a tremendous amount of control over levels, eq, delay AND crossover.
It also has a feature that will remove any factory eq settings and comes with a remote bass control. It will give yiu the ability to upgrade the system in stages and it will most definately be the last loc, eq, crosover, signal processor you will buy.
Here is a link to mt install post if you want more info
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=56933&hl=
Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.