Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spill about 1/4 of a 2 liter Pepsi on my rear seat. Only the left side got wet, the other side is clean. By using the search, I found out how to take it out. I'm not sure about cleaning it. I just flooded the spilled side with water and threw a little bit of Tide on the seat and rubbed it in. I reflooded it and use the shop vac to suck up some water. I let the rest dry out.

I plan on recleaning it this week when it's warmer outside. This time I'm gonna soak the whokle seat as I can still see and feel the left over soap the dealer used before I bought the car. Anyone have any recommendation on what to use and how to clean it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Does anybody know of a good leather cleaner? I have some colorful stain on my rear seat, no idea where it came from and can't get it out.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
If you have a cloth seat I recommend using a steam vac to clean the drink out of, any regular steam vac (even the ones you can rent from some grocery stores) and a simple hose attachment should work fantastic.

As for leather, try using a soft brush -- like toothbrush -- and some Meguire's leather cleaner. Should help take the stain out.

Reactions: daddyd302

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do not "flood" the seat. Doing so will allow liquid to remain in and under the seat which could result in mold. Definitely follow Turbo6Girl's advice and use a steam vac - the kind that sucks up the water as you go.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do not "flood" the seat. Doing so will allow liquid to remain in and under the seat which could result in mold. Definitely follow Turbo6Girl's advice and use a steam vac - the kind that sucks up the water as you go.

Oh crap..... Well at least I know not to do that anymore.

Thanks Turbo6Girl for the suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts