Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is most effective at getting the road grime and break dust off the 17" rims that are on my S :)

I do a lot of driving and this stuff looks terrible!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims

You can buy wheel cleaner. Spray on, hose off- no scrubbing required. I haven't tried it, but am considering it. Problem is, I don't have a hose.

The best thing I can recommend is putting some sort of wax on your wheels to keep the brake dust from sticking. Doing this works... a little... enough to justify the effort.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thanks. Im bringing my car down to your parking lot.. you wanna wash it? :)

·
Registered
2,301 Posts

spray on wash off often isnt enough, get a soft bristle wheel brush also... makes it much easier

·
Registered
269 Posts

I use Orange Glow. I use it on my sportbike and my cars. It really cuts through brake dust.

Jon

·
Registered
791 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims'

Originally posted by crazyflash4

thanks. Im bringing my car down to your parking lot.. you wanna wash it?  :)[/b]
The way thing have been since I moved here, I wouldn't want to park here unless I had to. Car thefts, flat tires, house robbery, keyings...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

It's a weekly chore cleaning the break dust. I keep a rag in my trunk just to wipe it off with regularly.

I bought some new Prestone wheel cleaner. It was cheaper than all the rest - $3.99 for a pretty big bottle at Walmart. It works pretty good.

If you don't clean them, people will think, nice car... but that guy better clean those dirty wheels... I know I think it to other people all the time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Replying to Topic 'C

I wax my wheels once a month and keep a rag handy in trunk for wiping off buildup regularly. Yes you should have a wheel brush to make sure you get it all.
Once it starts to build up inside the wheels, I use Eagle A2Z wheel cleaner, BEST damn stuff yet! A bit on the expensive side, however I wont skimp on the brake dust SAGA! :D

·
Registered
383 Posts

Originally posted by stretchsje

thanks. Im bringing my car down to your parking lot.. you wanna wash it?  :)[/b]
The way thing have been since I moved here, I wouldn't want to park here unless I had to. Car thefts, flat tires, house robbery, keyings... [/b][/quote]

Wow! Forget parking! I wouldn't want to LIVE there! ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by pgmr

The way thing have been since I moved here, I wouldn't want to park here unless I had to. Car thefts, flat tires, house robbery, keyings... [/b][/quote]

Wow! Forget parking! I wouldn't want to LIVE there! ;)[/b][/quote]

The only things that sucks about this area is:

all the freaking people,
all the freaking asshole drivers,
all the people who cant forumlate a sentence,
all the people that have no freaking manners,
all the people that think their life dream should be to deck out a 91 honda civic with $4,000 worth of shitty aftermarket parts
all the people who race down the street mac 1 only to rearend you and then blame it on you while speaking Farsi with the 9 other people crammed into the crumppled car,
all the people with a smashed up civics sporting the "Defender Bumper with 1998 PILOT foglights which they bought on clearance at Target 2 days ago"...

WTF!! Other than that, this place rocks! HAHAHA! As soon as my g/f is done with school, im am getting the hell outta here. Me, the woman, and the 6... CYAAAAAAAAAZ!

·
Registered
791 Posts

WTF!! Other than that, this place rocks!  HAHAHA! As soon as my g/f is done with school, im am getting the hell outta here. Me, the woman, and the 6... CYAAAAAAAAAZ![/b]
Yeah, same here- except my wife just started medical school here, so I've got a while :(

·
Registered
128 Posts

Simple hand wash...Then I use a product called "Never Dull". Works wonders. I began using it on my Lightnings wheels about 3 yrs ago and have used nothing else since. Not only does it bring everything off of the wheels it works like a wax putting invisble film on the wheels which makes it easier to clean the wheels the next time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

WTF!! Other than that, this place rocks!  HAHAHA! As soon as my g/f is done with school, im am getting the hell outta here. Me, the woman, and the 6... CYAAAAAAAAAZ![/b]
Yeah, same here- except my wife just started medical school here, so I've got a while :([/b][/quote]

we should all get together and go out some night. My g/f and I know noone here.. gets boring after awhile! We could always meet up and stare at the cars!

·
Registered
791 Posts

Yeah, same here- except my wife just started medical school here, so I've got a while :([/b][/quote]

we should all get together and go out some night. My g/f and I know noone here.. gets boring after awhile! We could always meet up and stare at the cars![/b][/quote]

Sounds good to me. My wife is almost always studying, so I get bored a lot. Are you a dinner-and-a-movie couple, or a drinking-and-clubbing couple?

Actually, just PM me... this is getting off topic.

·
Registered
78 Posts

EAGLE ONE A2Z Wheel Cleaner 26oz orange bottle.......best stuff i've used yet :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts