Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is most effective at getting the road grime and break dust off the 17" rims that are on my S :)

I do a lot of driving and this stuff looks terrible!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Reading Topic: Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims

You can buy wheel cleaner. Spray on, hose off- no scrubbing required. I haven't tried it, but am considering it. Problem is, I don't have a hose.

The best thing I can recommend is putting some sort of wax on your wheels to keep the brake dust from sticking. Doing this works... a little... enough to justify the effort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims

thanks. Im bringing my car down to your parking lot.. you wanna wash it? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,301 Posts
Reading Topic: Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims

spray on wash off often isnt enough, get a soft bristle wheel brush also... makes it much easier
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Reading Topic: Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims

I use Orange Glow. I use it on my sportbike and my cars. It really cuts through brake dust.

Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims'

QUOTE
Originally posted by crazyflash4

            thanks. Im bringing my car down to your parking lot.. you wanna wash it?  :)[/b]
The way thing have been since I moved here, I wouldn't want to park here unless I had to. Car thefts, flat tires, house robbery, keyings...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
Reading Topic: Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims

It's a weekly chore cleaning the break dust. I keep a rag in my trunk just to wipe it off with regularly.

I bought some new Prestone wheel cleaner. It was cheaper than all the rest - $3.99 for a pretty big bottle at Walmart. It works pretty good.

If you don't clean them, people will think, nice car... but that guy better clean those dirty wheels... I know I think it to other people all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Replying to Topic 'C

I wax my wheels once a month and keep a rag handy in trunk for wiping off buildup regularly. Yes you should have a wheel brush to make sure you get it all.
Once it starts to build up inside the wheels, I use Eagle A2Z wheel cleaner, BEST damn stuff yet! A bit on the expensive side, however I wont skimp on the brake dust SAGA! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims'

QUOTE
Originally posted by stretchsje


            QUOTE
Originally posted by crazyflash4

            thanks. Im bringing my car down to your parking lot.. you wanna wash it?  :)[/b]
The way thing have been since I moved here, I wouldn't want to park here unless I had to. Car thefts, flat tires, house robbery, keyings... [/b][/quote]

Wow! Forget parking! I wouldn't want to LIVE there! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replying to Topic 'Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims'

QUOTE
Originally posted by pgmr


            QUOTE
Originally posted by stretchsje


            QUOTE
Originally posted by crazyflash4

            thanks. Im bringing my car down to your parking lot.. you wanna wash it?  :)[/b]
The way thing have been since I moved here, I wouldn't want to park here unless I had to. Car thefts, flat tires, house robbery, keyings... [/b][/quote]

Wow! Forget parking! I wouldn't want to LIVE there! ;)[/b][/quote]

The only things that sucks about this area is:

all the freaking people,
all the freaking asshole drivers,
all the people who cant forumlate a sentence,
all the people that have no freaking manners,
all the people that think their life dream should be to deck out a 91 honda civic with $4,000 worth of shitty aftermarket parts
all the people who race down the street mac 1 only to rearend you and then blame it on you while speaking Farsi with the 9 other people crammed into the crumppled car,
all the people with a smashed up civics sporting the "Defender Bumper with 1998 PILOT foglights which they bought on clearance at Target 2 days ago"...

WTF!! Other than that, this place rocks! HAHAHA! As soon as my g/f is done with school, im am getting the hell outta here. Me, the woman, and the 6... CYAAAAAAAAAZ!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims'

QUOTE
Originally posted by crazyflash4

WTF!! Other than that, this place rocks!  HAHAHA! As soon as my g/f is done with school, im am getting the hell outta here. Me, the woman, and the 6... CYAAAAAAAAAZ![/b]
Yeah, same here- except my wife just started medical school here, so I've got a while :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Reading Topic: Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims

Simple hand wash...Then I use a product called "Never Dull". Works wonders. I began using it on my Lightnings wheels about 3 yrs ago and have used nothing else since. Not only does it bring everything off of the wheels it works like a wax putting invisble film on the wheels which makes it easier to clean the wheels the next time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Replying to Topic 'Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims'

QUOTE
Originally posted by stretchsje


            QUOTE
Originally posted by crazyflash4

WTF!! Other than that, this place rocks!  HAHAHA! As soon as my g/f is done with school, im am getting the hell outta here. Me, the woman, and the 6... CYAAAAAAAAAZ![/b]
Yeah, same here- except my wife just started medical school here, so I've got a while :([/b][/quote]


we should all get together and go out some night. My g/f and I know noone here.. gets boring after awhile! We could always meet up and stare at the cars!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims'

QUOTE
Originally posted by crazyflash4


            QUOTE
Originally posted by stretchsje


            QUOTE
Originally posted by crazyflash4

WTF!! Other than that, this place rocks!  HAHAHA! As soon as my g/f is done with school, im am getting the hell outta here. Me, the woman, and the 6... CYAAAAAAAAAZ![/b]
Yeah, same here- except my wife just started medical school here, so I've got a while :([/b][/quote]

we should all get together and go out some night. My g/f and I know noone here.. gets boring after awhile! We could always meet up and stare at the cars![/b][/quote]

Sounds good to me. My wife is almost always studying, so I get bored a lot. Are you a dinner-and-a-movie couple, or a drinking-and-clubbing couple?

Actually, just PM me... this is getting off topic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Cleaning brakedust/grime from Rims'

EAGLE ONE A2Z Wheel Cleaner 26oz orange bottle.......best stuff i've used yet :D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top