Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a clay bar? Been around cars in the UK for many years, never heard of it. Often refered to in US letters. Can any UK member translate in to English equivalent?
Chris

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
When you're done clay-barrin' the car, the paint feels as smooth as a babies bottom! :D

---Aloha

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
clay bars work miracles

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
All the above statement s are true. It really does wonders, but takes a fair amount of time.

I used mother's brand, it worked well!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yes you wash with a soap like dawn to take off old wax then clay, but with a spray bottle of water the clay has to be kept moist as does the section of car you are working on.. Then you wax... Zaino sells a good kit and comes with directions

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i always wash after the clay to to get the residue off then wax

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I generally wash twice before the clay, as you want to be sure the car is absolutely PRISTINE!

·
Registered
29 Posts
any preferred soaps or polishers? I've had my car for 12 days and it is frikin filthy...price i pay for gettin a black car i guess :swearin:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I once had paint oversprays all over my car and I used clay bars to clean them off! It was so messy it took me 2 days and two bars to get the job done :irate: But it worked!

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
any preferred soaps or polishers? I've had my car for 12 days and it is frikin filthy...price i pay for gettin a black car i guess :swearin:
[/b]
I use Duragloss from Car Quest stores.

·
Registered
200 Posts
For my regular car washing I use the Meguiars Gold Class car wash. It's funny cause it's a shampoo with conditioner....who knew that a car needed a shampoo and conditioner like your hair! Thought it was kind of funny. Works really well and makes my car feel really smooth after washing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
16 Participants
mmatilo311
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing