Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some shots of the installation of the hitch on my 6. My car has the sport package and NO modifications were necessary to the bodywork.

The company that makes this is Dalan out of Boston. Installation wasn't a breeze, but it wasn't tough either. It uses two existing holes in the bumper behind the fascia, and you take off the center portion of the heat shield (two nuts is all); drill three 7/16" holes in the trunk pan, drop the bolts through and bolt the sucker up. Put the heat shield back on and it looks like it came with the car.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Class 1 Hitch

I'm not planning to tow with it - only use it for a bike rack. Roof racks look lousy and strap racks will always end up botching something.

200 lb. max tongue and 2000 max tow is what Dalan told me to go by. With the good power and killer brakes the 6 has, I'd say you'd be fine towing whatever those numbers let you.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I've never found a website for Dalan. However, you can call them direct. They're nice people and had the hitch in stock. ~$125 delivered.

Phone is 978-425-9585. I believe the part number is 27423.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Thanks-a-mil, Ruefus!! My girlfriend has been wanting me to start bike riding with her to stave off the spare tire I'm starting to develop. :) This would work out really well. Looks great on your car!! With my black 6, it should be totally invisible when not in use..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts