Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Clarion Vrx485vd 7 in touch scrren in my car with the turbo2 metra kit. The bose speakers bump 3xs as much as stock but my only problem is my driver side front speaker plays very, very quite. I played with the wire and wired kinda backwards but I still had one speaker out of the 4 plus the sub play really quite. All my controls are where they are suppose to be. For instance if I play the unit at 7 and then turn it all the way to the driv front speaker I would have to crank it to about 14-16 to hear it and it sounds like shit. Anyone have any ideas???

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I have never personally had this happen, but it happened to the previous owner of my car. I went to the Mazda dealership and got a list of everything that had been done to the car and apparently about a year after the car was purchased one of the Bose speakers (the front driver's side) was playing quieter than all the other speakers. So the previous owner took it to the dealership (since it was still under warranty) and they replaced the speaker and it fixed the problem. The system currently works fine.

I would first undo the battery to reset the computer and see if that works, if the car is still under warranty I would just take it to the dealership and have them look at it.

Maybe someone that has had this happen to the car while they owned it will have a better answer. HTH

·
Registered
703 Posts
Did u use a 4ch LOC amp interface like this one:

its got a secondary harness that u use instead of the rca harness. You wire this in between the decks speaker audio outputs and the mazda harness speaker audio inputs. You then adjust the level.

Basically in converts hi level speaker out puts into a low level signal inputs for the bose amp.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no I just hooked everything up like a normal install, I took the passenger speaker out and swapped it witht he drivers side thinking it was the speaker but it did the same thing with that speaker too..

its got a secondary harness that u use instead of the rca harness. You wire this in between the decks speaker audio outputs and the mazda harness speaker audio inputs. You then adjust the level.

Basically in converts hi level speaker out puts into a low level signal inputs for the bose amp.

so I would hook up the speaker wires with the metra kit to the this interface and get a male rca cable and plug them into this and the headunit? Could I use the ground from the metra kit too or ground it to the car?

·
Registered
703 Posts
hmmmm. if u can access the speaker, put a multi meter on it and see if it reads around 2 ohms. if not, u need to replace the speaker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts