Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno if this is the correct section to be posting this but whatever. The cigarette lighter plug thats in the center console, not the one by the radio but the one closer to the rear seats. I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove that without ripping apart the whole console. Im trying to fit my cell phone charger in there and be able to close the lid without having to force it because my charger is enormous. So if anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I dunno if this is the correct section to be posting this but whatever. The cigarette lighter plug thats in the center console, not the one by the radio but the one closer to the rear seats. I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove that without ripping apart the whole console. Im trying to fit my cell phone charger in there and be able to close the lid without having to force it because my charger is enormous. So if anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul
[/b]
I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to take the armrest and everything out so you can turn it upside down and look at it to see how to remove it. I don't really see a way around it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You have to remove the cupholder, the shifter plate, then remove the screws holding the whole center console down. Turn the center console upside own and use a torx screw to remove the shafts for the ciggarette lighter. Sorry, forgot the size for the screw size (its pretty small, like a t7 or sump). Its very easy. Longest part of it is taking out the center console. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I purchased a $10 cigarette charger for my cellphone and it fits perfectly in the armrest. imho, that's probably a cheaper and less painful option than removing everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
6Venom
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing