Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally found an Atenza I was comfortable paying for and got it last week. The cigarette lighter hasn't worked at all. I checked the fuse this evening and it seems fine. Any ideas why it wouldn't be working/things I could check myself? or am I best to just goto an auto-electrician?

Love your forums by the way! So many great ideas to keep the bank account empty :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
did you check both fuse boxes

·
Registered
400 Posts
Love your forums by the way! So many great ideas to keep the bank account empty :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
LMAO. Never thought of it that way. But you are right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Having the same problem. Only the rear cig lighter works, I checked the fuses in the driver side foot rest area and they are good. I also checked the fuses in engine bay but none are labeled "cig lighter" or anything close to it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
did ya check the wiring of the lighter itself, sometimes if ya work the head unit, ya might pulled it loose. it happened once to me when i tried installing SD card reader to ma head unit

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pink wire should have 12 volts with the key on, and the black wire should have less than 1 ohm resistance to ground at all times.

Fuse for front power socket is #10 15A

Check this and keep us posted.

If they are both good, then your lighter element has been corroded and needs to be replaced.

DJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts