Corksport Short shifter kit
PD Wheels
Interior/Exterior LED upgrades
Blacked out front emblem
Homemade Evil M for the rear
CF wrapped trunk trim
20% Ceramic Tint
Tinted tail lights and reflectors
Spyder Fog Lights integrated into another company's housing with LED brow. Converted the LED into daytime running lights and turn signal.
Factory DRL delete
Xenon Depot LEDs in Low Beams

Excel Ultimate full hood wrap
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took some pictures on a scenic drive today and figured it's a good time to start a picture/mode thread.

Here's what she looks like now, almost stock. So far I've blacked out the front emblem, replaced all interior lights with LEDs and modified the rear emblem into an evil M.
Ordered about $2k worth of stuff, now it's a waiting game on when everything will arrive. I'm traveling for work next 2 weeks so hopefully everything arrives in that time frame so I can get to work on it right away.

See less See more
#2 ·
Overnight Parts From Japan

Got some goodies today. The Spyder fog lights came in along with a set of chinese brackets with LED strip that I will be combining together. Also my morimoto HIDs and Injen CAI will be installed at the same time. Funny thing, Injen sent me 2 filters in the box. Also not in the picture is the Injen pre-filter that I got as well.

#3 ·
not a good day

FML one of the morimoto bulbs is DOA. I knew I should have just trusted my gut and went with the DDM after it hasn't failed me for years. Figured I'd give the TRS guys a shot this time since their kits look so much nicer + quicker shipping.
Taking a break from this madness for the day and start the wheel project instead now

#6 ·
Looking good so far man, keep it up!

Stinks about TRS bulbs :\ You're one of the first people I've heard had them die so quickly. I went DDM and had no problems for 3 years. I believe the current owner of my headlights still uses them too....

#7 ·
Thanks man. I miss driving it, due to work, family and school, I've only been able to work on it 1-2hrs a day and it has been sitting on jacks all week. Looking forward to putting it all together tonight and taking it for a spin for the first time after all the upgrades. And tomorrow she goes for window tint treatment.

#8 ·
Been busy last 2 weeks.
Here's everything that's installed so far
Tanabe Springs
Tanabe Front Underbrace
Tanabe Strut Bar
Injen CAI
Corksport Short shifter kit
Painted Wheels
Interior/Exterior LED upgrades all around
Blacked out front emblem
Homemade Evil M for the rear
20% Ceramic Tint on windwos
Tint on tail lights (look darker on the car than in picture)
Spyder Fog Lights integrated into another company's housing with LED brow. Converted the LED into daytime running lights and turn signal.
Factory DRL delete
Just installed LED in the low beam (picture below shows difference of passenger side LED vs factory low beam). Looks great but final verdict will be out later tonight when I do a 100 mile trip at 1am.
And of course I had to pay homage to the Buster :tear:

Attachments

#10 ·
How do you like the injen CAI? Mine is enroute and I'll be installing that as well as the spyder fog lights and hid's at the same time, how long did it take you? I was hoping to get it all done in one go but we'll see what happens.

#11 ·
I would have installed hids, fogs and injen in a matter of an hour and a half, but I had some major malfunction with my hids and spent a lot of time troubleshooting. I would allow yourself a good 3 hour time frame. The fog lights snap right in and are plug'n'play with factory wiring as long as you bought the light switch for steering column. It's only $35 and I highly recommend it, as it keeps factory look without the need to run extra wires all over the place and sticking an ugly ricer switch on your dashboard.

As far as intake goes, I love it. It sounds amazing and makes it very tough to stay off the gas pedal. I won't say that it added too much noticeable power but the ass dyno does feel a little extra zoom-zoom. And I don't know how, but I'm getting 1+ extra mpg with it, even though I drive the wheels off the car after the intake install.

#17 ·
Hey just wondering how you like those Tanabe front/underbody bars? I'm thinking of getting them and there isn't too much on the market now in terms of sway/strut bars for the front and Corksport isn't an option I'm willing to consider.

Also what LED lights are you using for your lows I'm thinking about getting some for my fog lights and maybe my high beams so I can color match everything with the HID's but I don't want something just for the "look" I'd like them to be functional.

#18 ·
The Tanabe brace and strut bar make a day and night difference vs stock. I wish Tanabe made something for the back or the middle in terms of underbody braces. I'm not going to go all nutz like torsional stiffness dude, but do want to add a mid section and 1 rear bar, that would complete the setup nicely for my daily driving needs.

As far as LEDs go, I got these
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K61CG5U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Don't bother though. The first couple of days they were extremely bright but for whatever reason started to get dimmer with each day. I just bought a HID kit from xenon depot. I did see a good LED set on their site but didn't want to mess anymore.. They have good reviews on several forums and I like the fact that it has copper heatsink vs the stupid fan like the one I bought, and it uses Phillips LEDs. If you want to go the LED way, try them. They also have another H11 set made specifically for fog lights and are cheaper. Post a good review on this forum if you do decide to go with them.

H11 LED Headlight Kit | H11 LED Upgrade

#19 ·
The Tanabe brace and strut bar make a day and night difference vs stock. I wish Tanabe made something for the back or the middle in terms of underbody braces. I'm not going to go all nutz like torsional stiffness dude, but do want to add a mid section and 1 rear bar, that would complete the setup nicely for my daily driving needs.

As far as LEDs go, I got these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K61CG5U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't bother though. The first couple of days they were extremely bright but for whatever reason started to get dimmer with each day. I just bought a HID kit from xenon depot. I did see a good LED set on their site but didn't want to mess anymore.. They have good reviews on several forums and I like the fact that it has copper heatsink vs the stupid fan like the one I bought, and it uses Phillips LEDs. If you want to go the LED way, try them. They also have another H11 set made specifically for fog lights and are cheaper. Post a good review on this forum if you do decide to go with them.

H11 LED Headlight Kit | H11 LED Upgrade
Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate the info. I'll def be looking into picking up the tanabe's; hopefully they do come out with a rear bar, either them or progress probably will at some point.

Those LED's are a bit pricey I was thinking more along the lines of these from DDM http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/H11-LED the 27 x 2835 to be more specific are rated at 1100 lumens which isn't bad and since its got 3 front facing LED's behind a projector lens they'll probably be fairly decent at acting as fog lights. Just for the hell of it I tossed some HID's in the fog housing just to see and that is DEFINITELY NOT AN OPTION lol. I'll probably give the DDM ones a try and see and if all else fails I'll try the xenon depot ones or maybe just pick up some Sylvania ZXE's but they only last about 2 years. Either way I'll post up the results, thanks again for the info!

#22 ·
Speaking of Remember the Buster, I've got my "Dude I almost had you" sticker to put on...

Reactions: cibersay
#24 ·
Finally, the infamous Tanabe axleback made it to the U.S.
I'll post a sound clip once it's fully broken in after 500 miles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Did you happen to weight it before installation? Tanabe brags about it being so light, so I'm curious what it actually weighs in at.

#27 ·
It was free shipping and the price was cheapest on Tanabe I've seen online so no complaints thee. I would say no more than 30lbs? Shooting from the hip, but the difference of lifting Tanabe out of the box and then lifting the stock to put back in the same box was huge.
Sound so far is crazy quiet, nice low rumble but not loud AT ALL. Once it's broken in ill have my wife do some deiveby as I take a video. I love it though, looks good, reduces weight, adds however little performance and doesn't sound like a 16 yr old driving this car

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#28 ·
Is there a noticeable resonance/volume peak noticeable around 2k and back-driving the engine on deceleration? Most straight through muffler setups have that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.