Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my '04 Mazda6, is Pebble Ash Metallic. Everyone tells me they love the color, even though its taking time to grow on me. I initially wanted white/black/silver. So, its kinda hard for me to examine aftermarket accessories and stuff for my car... cause no one has my color!!! AARRGG!!

So, i figured since no one has my color, so i cant use there mods as examples as well... i'll just do mine a lil different. So, i've been looking at alot of chrome accessories. I ordered some chrome exterior door handle covers, as well as door handle trim for the interior. And im thinking about getting the chrome tail light trim, as well as the various other chrome trim add-ons, like the grill outline, and the chrome fender trim.

Waddya think? Will the lil chrome accessories add a touch of badass/class to my sport package 6? Or will it be chrome over kill.. will it be tacky... i just dunno!!!!

Heres a few of the other chrome accessories... thoughts?

Anyone know of anyone that used these? Man, i'd kill to see some pix of these on to get an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Chrome = Nasty! :) I've actually dechromed my car, and painted the emblems black. That'll look way too tacky on the 6.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chrome = Nasty! :) I've actually dechromed my car, and painted the emblems black. That'll look way too tacky on the 6.
[/b]
Damn! I've already ordered the handles... but i dunno... i was thinkin about getting the chrome tail light trim and the chrome tail lights themselves... too much? cheesy? I just dunno what would look good with my color.... yah feel me?

Suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Just stick with the handles. The tail light trim looks ridiculous, and the rest of the trims as well.

The handles aren't too bad so i would just leave it at that with the chrome accents.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The pebble ash will not look good with chrome, IMO.

I'd stick with body color or black parts. As for rims, powder coated body color would be cool, as would be a gunmetal

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pebble ash will not look good with chrome, IMO.

I'd stick with body color or black parts. As for rims, powder coated body color would be cool, as would be a gunmetal
[/b]
Yah... black was my original idea, of an accent color for the accessories. I wanna start mixing the interior especially with black stuff... cause the interior is ultra light colored... and its a pain to try to keep clean, rediculous.

I went to this site, and fell in love... http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/mainFS.html

...but, how the fuck do u order anything? I cant find where to sign up.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Don't get the interior handle things unless they have an area for the lock/unlock button (compare the pic to your cars stock trim). The ones i saw on ebay dont have the opening...

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Also the tail chrome accents DO NOT fit NA lights, only Euros. Please correct me if I am wrong tho! :)

But go with black or gunmetal. I initially moved to chrome but it it backfired, I didnt like the look of it. The only chrome I have really is the door sills and the back emblem. I have darkened every thing else. (no pics posted yet).

BUT if chrome is your thing, more power to ya!

·
Registered
21 Posts
if you really want to chrome it out a bit go for it.
the handles aint bad.

but please....for the love of satan....do NOT put chrome wheel well trim on.
that really only looks good on a 81 corolla, dropped 3inches, rolling on 4 different rims, with a stick on hood scoop. :nana:

it;s your ride...do what you gotta.

peace.
Fusion

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Er, id stay away from chrome. Seems only "chromed out" cars here are escalades, and 95 and older civics... i say no.

Id take your grille and paint the chrome part body color, i hate the chrome mustache. That or the sports grille. The crhome just makes it look cheap IMO.

But, your color does look nice :).

·
Registered
165 Posts
I personally like chrome. A lot of people on here don't. I am not the kind of person who wants every chrome accessory on their car though.... just chrome wheels and door handles. I like the classy look chrome gives. On my car I have the clear NA tails and the clear sidemarkers... and I would like to get chrome wheels and door handles... with the interior being tan/red leather seat covers from leatherseats.com. I think all of those things will give my car a classy yet sporty look to it... and so far it has and it looks very nice and clean. Its your car, I think some chrome looks good, but don't overkill... like the chrome wheel well trim stuff...ew.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have a pebble ash and will be installing the AutoEXE ver2 bumper from Accolade soon. Check out my garage for some pics if ya want. Ill have plenty pics then too. I have a few different mods (listed in my sig and garage) if you want some ideas. my first suggestion, get a sport grille... I did and was very happy with it... plus the tinted euro tails looks great on this color.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i would say stay away from the chrome, the only chrome that i would use would be chrome wheels, i think they would look good on your car. but it is your car do whatever tou like.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
iboo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing