Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I am seeing this sports grill with chrome 2 bars that run horizontal....I think it would loook hot on a black 6, so how do people go about doing that? Is it paint or do they actually come that way? An example of this grill is like hte one on the white mazda 6 in the banner on this site.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I remember seeing something similar last year. I believe those are chrome strips the guy bought off ebay or something. They fit right on top of the original, horizontal bars.

·
Registered
863 Posts
thats a custom job. i dont know the exact way to do it, but i know the whole "gill" isnt chrome. the chrome you see is that chrome door trim stuff you can get from any auto parts store. they just ran that along the edges of the "gills". the rest of the sports grill is body color. I have seen it on a white car. he painted the gills black, but left the top body color then put the chrome stuff on. looked pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Originally posted by Sigma@Jun 10 2005, 06:50 PM
It's usually done using that same gaudy chrome edge guard that people often stick on their doors and every other bare edge of their vehicles.
[snapback]428822[/snapback]​
Sigma would be right, the gaudy grill job belongs to me, just some door edge guard from Advance Auto, cut and then added to grill.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Originally posted by ZeroEfxs@Jun 14 2005, 10:02 AM
Sigma would be right, the gaudy grill job belongs to me, just some door edge guard from Advance Auto, cut and then added to grill.

[snapback]431079[/snapback]​

God DAM Merv :huh: :love: :love: :love:

She's beautiful!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts