Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an oportunity to pick up a manual v6 with sport pack but, it has the chrome package too. Can some one please post a picture of what the 6 looks like with the chrome on it? I'd like to see if it's all that bad.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Chrome package'

Here you go.

It's the side moldings and that rear 'finisher' as it's called... just above the license plate holder.

The chrome filler door isn't a part of the chrome package.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: Chrome package

That's not too bad on the balck but, the one I'm looking at is yellow. I guess I'll just have to see it in person. One more quick question, if I don't like the way it looks can the chrome be removed? I've seen the door mouldings can be taken off with some elbow grease. What about the rear finisher? By the way yellSoIwX, thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Reading Topic: Chrome package

Anytime joboy...

Mazdastuff.com sells the chrome rear finisher ($102+s/h). So I'm pretty sure that it does come off. But I'm not sure if it's just a tacked on chrome piece with actual paint underneath it or if it's a part that is bolted onto the trunk lid. If it is a part that is bolted onto the trunk lid, then reversing the effect of the finisher would be a little difficult if it came stock with the finisher as it may be hard or expensive to get a stock piece without chrome and painted to match.

Does anyone know for sure?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts