Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2005 Steel Gray Metallic 6s MTX and I am interested in buying the chrome door sills, I was just wondering what color people thought would look the best. I have a friend with a 06 Lexus IS350 and it has chrome door sills that light up blue and it looks very nice, however with all of my other interior lights being red (guages and buttons) i think red may be the best. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go with the red unless you plan on changing all the interior lights to blue.
[/b]
yeah thats kind of what i thought.... do you know if it is pretty easy to instal? if possible i want to have them turn on when i turn on the head lights or whenever the dome lights turn on when the doors open.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have the door sills you're talking about. One word of warning: mine don't light up blue, they're more teal in color, so if you want "BLUE" stay away. I changed all my lighting to blue though ( dash, interior lights, door lights), so I don't mind.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
yeah thats kind of what i thought.... do you know if it is pretty easy to instal? if possible i want to have them turn on when i turn on the head lights or whenever the dome lights turn on when the doors open.
[/b]
If your good on the electrical side of the house, then you'll be fine. As for me, mine have been under the Xmas tree for a lil' over a month... :(

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the door sills you're talking about. One word of warning: mine don't light up blue, they're more teal in color, so if you want "BLUE" stay away. I changed all my lighting to blue though ( dash, interior lights, door lights), so I don't mind.
[/b]
I know this is asking alot but do you have a listing of the bulb sizes you needed(especially dash and radio area). Where did you get them? I have a company that will install but I believe I have to provide the lights.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your good on the electrical side of the house, then you'll be fine. As for me, mine have been under the Xmas tree for a lil' over a month... :(
[/b]
yeah i have a buddy who is pretty good with the electrical types of stuff so im thinking that he will be able to do it with out any problems.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The dash was done with a set of reverse glow gauges. Buttons, I was told can't be done. The dome lights and door lights are umm.. 194s... I do believe. The doors are easy, they clear plastic just pops off. The dome lights have to be taken out, the whole piece. Use a flat tipped screwdriver and find the clips on either side. Takes maybe 15 minutes to do. I changed mine to blue LEDs, gives it a nice look. You can see pics in the garage section.

·
Registered
222 Posts
You have to wire them to the door switches in order for them to turn on when you open the doors. Oh, and each one has to be wired to its respective door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts