Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the chrome inside door handles. My question is...they don't have cut-outs for the unlock/lock button in them. Is it okay to just cover them up...or is it not going to sit correctly? If it's not going to fit, how would I go about cutting it out so I can still use that feature...without spidering the chrome?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
post a link to the product you're talking about

·
Registered
160 Posts
The best way would be to tape the chrome part with some masking tape and drill two holes roughly where the button is. Then dremel it out to size. The tape will help stop the chrome from chipping. Post some pics after your done.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
:nono: :nono: NO CHROME!!!! :nono: :nono:
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
[/b]
lol, what's wrong with the inside chrome door handles? It's not the exterior ones!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
oh are you taking about the cups under the handles?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, not the cups. The outside plastic part. Where the button is to lock/unlock your doors. That whole piece. I was looking at the cups...but decided against them for now.

·
Registered
748 Posts
lol, what's wrong with the inside chrome door handles? It's not the exterior ones!
[/b]
well the inside handles unfortunately are chrome already, as well as the lock/unlock manual switch. But still you want to add more chrome....which is why i say :nono: :slap: . :p

No, not the cups. The outside plastic part. Where the button is to lock/unlock your doors. That whole piece. [/b]
That small piece, doesn't really seem worth it IMO. Don't forget to post pics though so i can tell you how bad they look :nana:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have seen those on EBay, seems cool, but alot of work to make the buttons work with out screwing up the chrome. And ya my car already has chrome handle and lock, however I think some do not.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine only has the chrome handle...not the chrome lock.

Let me find the dang pic and I'll post it so you all know what I am talking about.

Edit...here's the pics of the piece I am speaking of...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
those look alright

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Don't the Front handles have the Lock/Unlock on the handle, looks like those will cover the switch.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Do you know if these are made of metal or plastic? If it is plastic no problems, but if they are metal, you may have a problem not only with the chrome spider webs, but it may heat the chrome changing its color to that rainbow look. So, I don't know if you have already got them, but you may want to find out first. It may save you a headache later.
ps. is that you in your avitar? If so :drool:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am not sure what they are. I will hopefully get them in the mail soon. The guy e-mailed me a week ago and said he sent them. They're in Hong Kong, so they will take a bit to get here.

Yes, that is me in my avatar.

·
Registered
574 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts