Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to add chrome door handles to my red mazdaspeed 6, i found some nice ones on ebay, the problem is i have the grand touring MS6 which has keyless entry and a button by the keyhole on both sides, WHAT DO I DO?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
DONT BUY CHROME AND PUT IT ON YOUR CAR! that's what u do!

·
Registered
470 Posts
[/b]

Good call. They guy I bought my black 04 6s from put chrom everywhere and it is taking me tons of time to rip it all off. Chrome side view mirrors, chrome trunk plate, chrome handles, wood dash kit with about 100 god damn pieces. All this 3M cheap looking crap. Who wants this shit on their car??? Its Triflin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/b]
well i dont just want the handel, i want to make chrome pillars, and chrome mirrors, i want it to look kinda like the audi s4.

·
Registered
165 Posts
[/b]
If he wants to get chrome then who cares, your responce had nothing to do with the question. There isnt anything wrong with chrome, unless you have too much, a little bit is good taste though. I have been wondering if I should replace mine or not, I am probably going to wait until I get chrome rims (all in good taste, nothing bling bling, so dont flame me).

As for the original question, I have no idea, did you try searching?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Having chrome on your big SUV is one thing....Chrome on the Mazda makes it look like some cheap riced civic. Chrome = Triflin

·
Registered
159 Posts
Having chrome on your big SUV is one thing....Chrome on the Mazda makes it look like some cheap riced civic. Chrome = Triflin
[/b]
Haha! Then slap me twice and call me a ricer son! :D

I like slight touches of chrome and I like chrome wheels, BUT I have to agree on overdoing it with the door handles, mirrors, and window trim. Those will never see the light of day on my car. Subtle is better because then it doesn't overpower. The statement above is somewhat true and overdoing the chrome throws you in the :wtf: category. Still it's your car so enjoy it. Don't listen to the "experts" on this board. ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Haha! Then slap me twice and call me a ricer son! :D

I like slight touches of chrome and I like chrome wheels, BUT I have to agree on overdoing it with the door handles, mirrors, and window trim. Those will never see the light of day on my car. Subtle is better because then it doesn't overpower. The statement above is somewhat true and overdoing the chrome throws you in the :wtf: category. Still it's your car so enjoy it. Don't listen to the "experts" on this board. ;)
[/b]

Where did you get the grill things near the bottom front of ur car(I think thats the technical term for them...)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I actually saw someone around my town with the chrome handles on their SG 6. I have to say i was actually pretty impressed with how they looked. However, the other chrome he had stuck on there too...like the pillars, trunk trim, lower grill,fuel door, door guards, grill mustache, and chrome tint made me giggle to myself as he drove by. so, the handles might be welcome addition to some...depending on color. But, IMHO, the only chrome I will have ever added on my car would be my exhaust pipes...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Repo, that car looks sick. You did an awesome job on it. With the whole chrome thing I think that you can over do it. I personally think that on some of the colors of the 6 look good with the chrome handles. The chrome pillars and mirrors is over-doing it a little though. Of course chrome rims almost always look sick, if they are a good style.

To those who put the chrome handles on their 6......Did you go with the stick-on chrome covers or the atual chrome replacement handles. I've seen both of them. I'm a little hesitate with putting anything with an adhesive on my car. If it fades, breaks or gets pitting then you will probably have a hard time taking it off without having residue.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Midani,

It may be more expensive, but simply purchase 2 sets. The door handles are the same size for each door, so use the two rear driver's side handles as your two driver's side handles and the two rear passenger's side handles as your two passenger's side handles. Then either sell the other 4 to some stupid kid or use them as back scratchers. Either way, this will solve your problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
AHHHHH, lol. I like your solution Awaken6. Just don't sell the incomplete set to anyone on this forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts