Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody
I am new to the forums I hope I can get some help :)
I have a 2016 mazda 6 standard trim I lately did a rear main seal job and valve cover gasket replaced
I drove the car for few days then started to get chrismast tree on the dash when turning headlights on and it cause other things
1- no power steering
2- driver side headlights are dim and like shorted somewhere
3- no speedometer
4- high beam can cause the car to stall
I hope I can get some help here
I hooked up an OBD2 reader and only got vss code but I think there is something else
And I did replace the rear main seal my self at home and the vehicle is out of warranty.

Dash lights

Headlights

I uploaded vids on the links above.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Have you done any electrical work prior to this? Or was anything related to it to your recent repairs?

I'll try to disconnect the battery terminals and leave it for about an hour. That should reset the system. How old is the battery? It might be time to replace it. I had a check engine light before the battery died.

By the way, that dog feeding the cat is amusing to watch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol 😂
The problem started to show after the repairs was done and I don't do any electrical work on this car ,I tried to reset the ecu with no luck however there are some times when its raining heavily and roads get wet it somehow everything intermittently works fine for a couple of days before things got dry again

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I tried to reset the ecu with no luck
How did you reset you?

The problem started to show after the repairs was done and I don't do any electrical work on this car
I am suspecting that you inadvertently disconnected something related to the electrical system.

I suggest that you get a scanner and see what are the codes. Let's not hope it's not plural! So it should be "code" only.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
A simple fix like that is the one that is usually the "hardest" to locate! Just like a misplaced screw, the smaller it is, the more difficult it is to find, the greater its importance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Indeed it was driving me nuts since I've done everything as it should be and pulled out the engine and transmission cleaned everything to be like new then put everything back together and this crazy lights and issues showed up :)
I am happy with my results and fix and I think it was a blessing to find this tiny thing that caused this tons of issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts