Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to get a Xmas party organised, thinking back to the times I've had club meets in my old rec-hall, but I don't have access to a hall any more, so I was wondering if anyone does have a rec-hall in their complex that we could get booked? And of course we could all make food to bring (or buy something to bring)...

Other options would be to go to a restaurant and take our luck getting seating together, although Chinese restaurants usually have big round tables for just that sort of thing, I'm not too fond of Chinese for Xmas dinner (just not my cup of green tea, so to speak) :sarc:

But either way we do it, it sure would be nice to get something set up.

I am free almost every weekend night til Jan. (Except the weekend of Christmas, of course)

:)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Thanks for starting this thead BCZoomer. I was thinking of starting up a thread on this topic just the other day. In any case, let me make this a sticky.

Lets get the ideas coming in. First of all, the date. I'm thinking first or second week of December. No later.

Thoughts everyone?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just my 2 cents but I would suggest the friday December 8th. It is my company party on the 1st and my daughters Birthday on the 17th that we are celbrating on the 15th and then the 22nd is too close to christmas.

I have been looking at the Mazda3 club board lately and I haven't seen anything up there for a christmas party, do we want to invite them to come along too?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Feel free to invite them Art. I think that's great idea.

And yes, no Chinese food please.
[/b]
No Chinese food eh? Although I haven't had Chinese food for Xmas before, I was kinda intrigued by the idea.

So, what sort of food do we want to eat everyone? Standard Xmas fare? Turkey, etc? If so, where do we go?

But, I must say that I like BCZoomer's idea of a pot-luck style dinner. BYOF and share with everyone.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
No Chinese food eh? Although I haven't had Chinese food for Xmas before, I was kinda intrigued by the idea.

So, what sort of food do we want to eat everyone? Standard Xmas fare? Turkey, etc? If so, where do we go?

But, I must say that I like BCZoomer's idea of a pot-luck style dinner. BYOF and share with everyone.
[/b]
I have Chinese food almost everyday, so I don't really want it for a Christmas dinner. And from my own experience, Chinese food isn't very Christmassy.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Good point. No Chinese (or Indian for that matter) food on the menu.

So, with a bit over three weeks left till this event, what are people's thoughts?

Pot luck style or restaurant?

Should I start a vote thread?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:yield1: hmm idea: White Spot will most certainly have Turkey Dinners (very Christmassy dinner) and doesn't need/take reservations, but has lots of parking (the one on Scott Road in Surrey does have a whole mall's worth of parking, as well as Guilford White Spot, 2 possible solutions)

So... what about descending on an unsuspecting White Spot for a whole passel of Turkey Dinners/whatever else people feel like? Might be the next best thing to cooking our own turkey...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Never been to a White Spot before, so I'm quite open to giving it a try. Still liking the pot luck dinner idea tho... however, going to a restaurant may just be the simplest and easiest for everyone.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Ok. I've started a vote thread to get things rolling. Please visit the thread and leave your votes. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I may be so bold as to voice my opinion for the party.... ;)

What about an Earls Restaurant. Better than a White Spot as far as atmosphere goes. I'm not sure if they will have turkey on their menu but for a party I think it might be better than WS.

As far as I know there is no organized Christmas party for the 3's though there will be a food drive for the December meet. Please feel free to come and donate. I am sure details should be posted soon, and I will let you know what the scoop is when that happens.

Thanks everyone!
Karen

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm closing this thread. Please use the voting thread to voice your opinions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.