Mazda 6 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nice!! Might be able to score one for cheap then. As for the tires, they are Primewell valera sport as. As said, I like them but they do have a little road noise to them. I really didnt notice much until my drivers door pannel broke but I just turn the radio up lol. I have yet to hydroplane in any of the flash floods that we get here but then again, I drive about 5 under when it's wet like that.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
It’s been far too long since any real update on the car, work has been a nightmare, I know we’ve all been there at some point lol
Anyhow the headlights finally got clear coated and made it on the car (I’ll have a video of them working as soon as I have time to edit it). The install was smooth, just plug and play I swapped all the bulbs from my old lights minus the low beams obviously, I replaced those with some 6000k replacements.

I also purchased and attempted to install the $11 Bolton eBay CAI I could not for the life of me figure out how to make it fit so I said f*** it and cut it and my current eBay CAI up and with the two made one intake that has so far not caused a CEL
My springs are still sitting in the trunk and my frame still has a hole in it though do to my lack of time :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rally Racer
2,055 Posts
...attempted to install the $11 Bolton eBay CAI I could not for the life of me figure out how to make it fit so I said f*** it and cut it and my current eBay CAI up and with the two made one intake that has so far not caused a CEL
Thats great. I bought one of those (hopefully you didn't see it in one of my posts) and what a joke. The thing basically does a 360degree turn on itself. The seller told me the reason was because I both had and didn't have a California car... huh?
They returned my money and recommended I check the application notes and order again. I think I'll go buy a pint with the return and contemplate my options
Your build is coming along nicely. Ever since Jon told me you were making the tilt-o-light upgrade I have been excited to see it work.
I have thought of it but am out of switch slots for the controller.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
It’s been far too long since any real update on the car, work has been a nightmare, I know we’ve all been there at some point lol
Anyhow the headlights finally got clear coated and made it on the car (I’ll have a video of them working as soon as I have time to edit it). The install was smooth, just plug and play I swapped all the bulbs from my old lights minus the low beams obviously, I replaced those with some 6000k replacements.

I also purchased and attempted to install the $11 Bolton eBay CAI I could not for the life of me figure out how to make it fit so I said f*** it and cut it and my current eBay CAI up and with the two made one intake that has so far not caused a CEL
My springs are still sitting in the trunk and my frame still has a hole in it though do to my lack of time :(

Lookin' good! I was wondering where you went off to, thought you might be neck deep in the new Jeep. Headlights look great, fixing to swap mine in soon too.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Thats great. I bought one of those (hopefully you didn't see it in one of my posts) and what a joke. The thing basically does a 360degree turn on itself. The seller told me the reason was because I both had and didn't have a California car... huh?
They returned my money and recommended I check the application notes and order again. I think I'll go buy a pint with the return and contemplate my options
Your build is coming along nicely. Ever since Jon told me you were making the tilt-o-light upgrade I have been excited to see it work.
I have thought of it but am out of switch slots for the controller.

Yes it made no sense how it was designed, glad to hear they at least took care of you in the end, that’s always better than nothing if you ask me.
“Tilt-O-Light” hahaha that’s what I’m calling them from now on I have a video of them working I just need to take the time to edit it so stay tuned for that

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Lookin' good! I was wondering where you went off to, thought you might be neck deep in the new Jeep. Headlights look great, fixing to swap mine in soon too.

Thanks, I’m actually not too deep in the Jeep I got lucky and by taking care of some little things some of the supposed major things were remedied I should have it on the road full time next week so I can start tearing into the 6 slowly

Btw glad to see your build is coming along nicely as well!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Long overdue, but here's a short clip of the Tilt-O-Lights working, I moved he switch from 0 to 3 then back to 0.
I also have managed to wash the car and give it an oil change. I sent my first ever UOA out to Blackstone Labratories I'll share a copy of the repot when I get it back.

Now for a huge negative point, we have moved into the warmer part of the year here in Ohio, and the other day for the first time since last summer I was driving the 6 in city traffic and got the trans hot (about 170-190) and noticed as I got out of the city traffic that it is starting to slip in 4th and it is getting stuck in 4th/5th wayyy longer than it should. I currently have Valvoline MaxLife ATF in there so my plan is to flush that for some RP Max ATF and hopefully the higher quality fluid will help, if not maybe its time to start tracking down a nice 1.5 with a standard trans.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nice job with the light man!! That's cool that they do that. I've heard and seen auto leveling before but not selective leveling. Kick ass feature for 1.5 gens. Someone needs to figure it out for the 1st gens (cough,cough) lol.

It sucks that it's not easy to change the "strainer" inside the trans. I had a paper from Mazda showing where the strainer was (for my 03 trans) and it involved taking half of the trans apart. Mine doesn't like to go into drive right away when the temps are cold outside. I'm hoping a trans flush will help my issue as well.

I did get to talk to a service tech at Mazda to get their procedure on doing a flush. I was pricing it out to see how much they charged and he told me how they did it lol.

*Drain the trans via drain plug.
*Add 4qts of trans fluid.
*They then use a machine to collect the rest of the old out while adding the rest of the 8qts. One could easily collect into a bucket with a clear hose attached to the pump side of the trans. Once the fluid running in the hose is clean, it should be good to go. Check the level of the fluid and adjust accordingly.

This is what I'm about to go through next weekend so I'll let you know how it goes. I'd rather do it all in 1 go if I can vs the drain and fill method at this point. After this 1st go with the trans, it will be easier to do the drain and fill every other oil change. I just want all of this old oil out lol.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ironic (to me) to see how much effort you put into adding this mod since my 6 has this factory option and I adjusted it once back when I bought it and have never ever touched it again.
Since you have recently messed with this system, can you manually adjust them as the regular headlights? I found that my highest setting is a bit lower than what I'd like.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Nice job with the light man!! That's cool that they do that. I've heard and seen auto leveling before but not selective leveling. Kick ass feature for 1.5 gens. Someone needs to figure it out for the 1st gens (cough,cough) lol.

It sucks that it's not easy to change the "strainer" inside the trans. I had a paper from Mazda showing where the strainer was (for my 03 trans) and it involved taking half of the trans apart. Mine doesn't like to go into drive right away when the temps are cold outside. I'm hoping a trans flush will help my issue as well.

I did get to talk to a service tech at Mazda to get their procedure on doing a flush. I was pricing it out to see how much they charged and he told me how they did it lol.

*Drain the trans via drain plug.
*Add 4qts of trans fluid.
*They then use a machine to collect the rest of the old out while adding the rest of the 8qts. One could easily collect into a bucket with a clear hose attached to the pump side of the trans. Once the fluid running in the hose is clean, it should be good to go. Check the level of the fluid and adjust accordingly.

This is what I'm about to go through next weekend so I'll let you know how it goes. I'd rather do it all in 1 go if I can vs the drain and fill method at this point. After this 1st go with the trans, it will be easier to do the drain and fill every other oil change. I just want all of this old oil out lol.

When I flushed it last time I drained it filled it then popped the line off my trans cooler (used an oil drain pan to catch the fluid) I would start it for a few seconds the kill it and top off the fluid repeating until it was all fresh I think I got about 6 quarts using this method

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Ironic (to me) to see how much effort you put into adding this mod since my 6 has this factory option and I adjusted it once back when I bought it and have never ever touched it again.
Since you have recently messed with this system, can you manually adjust them as the regular headlights? I found that my highest setting is a bit lower than what I'd like.

I am having the same issue with them being just a little too low I think there is some kind of manual adjustment I’ll report back when I mess with them over the next few days

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
UOA came back, and it actually had GOOD news!
now if I can just fix the new leak all will be good (minus the slowly dying trans), I'm also chasing an oil leak on the liberty and it is going to need new valve seals, its smoking a bit intermittently but not always under load so I think that should rule out worn piston rings, and it needs either a cat or O2 sensors

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Oh and I forgot to add, I am fairly certain my rear motor mount is going bad I am getting an odd vibration/shudder at times from the front that is definitely not coming from the suspension

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
On the headlights, there are some adjustments. I adjusted mine and all is well.

Good news on the UOA, That rear mount isn't too bad to replace, should be a cinch for you.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
That rear mount isn't too bad to replace, should be a cinch for you.
Thanks, I know it should be easy but its really just one more thing to add to the list that I don't have time for lol

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Thanks, I know it should be easy but its really just one more thing to add to the list that I don't have time for lol
I know exactly what you mean!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Got really lucky and found a replacement frame, it’s solid all the way around it’s a huge relief I was afraid I was going to have to try and patch mine. This is a much better option especially for only $73

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Things are finally happening... buying more parts from Summit Racing to install later as we speak!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Things are finally happening... buying more parts from Summit Racing to install later as we speak!

I had to have mine shipped to the house. I'm not close enough for a Summit near me :crying:. I'll be installing mine this weekend in hopes it helps my trans out smh.

141 - 160 of 183 Posts