Mazda 6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 183 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
My 03 doesn't have the wiring there for it. Mine came with the fogs in the headlights and I had added the lower fogs that came with an aftermarket switch.

However, depending on one's wiring skills, I'm sure they could get the 1.5 lights to work on a 1.0. My headlight plug has 10 spots for pins in it. Currently there are 2 pins that are not being used. I'm wondering if those have something to do with the newer lights. Or maybe they used the now available fog light wiring spots for the leveling.

Here are my notes for my headlights/plug. This is looking at the plug as when you unplug the light. Sorry for my craptastic writing but you get it lol

View attachment 226754

Edit: I think number 3 is for the little bulb in the corner of my light that I don't use. Never knew it was there until last year.
My bad, I was thinking you had a 1.5 gen. But that wiring info should help @waughoo

·
Registered
568 Posts
My bad, I was thinking you had a 1.5 gen. But that wiring info should help @waughoo
Lol, it's ok. I have a true 1st gen lol. There are some things that I did notice earlier this week though. My airbag system was already wired for seat air bags. Just found the plug from the wiring side earlier this week. If I would have known that, I would have held off for different seats lol.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thanks for the details. Looks like I'll need to do some reverse engineering: one of my favorite hobbies! I'm deep in the car pc/android auto adaptation right now, so the headlights are a ways off still.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks both of you. I'll keep a lookout for the high voltage sticker. And thanks for the auto-brochures site, that's awesome! According to that, the HIDs were only standard on the 6s Grand Sport only.

Was out of town this weekend so no car work or salvage yard visits. Next weekend though looks good. :)

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
@kalicious Oops. Sorry....It was on Grand Touring in '07, as there was no Grand Sport then.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Today I bought a set of the OEM 18” wheels from the same 06 that I pulled the lights from

I also got the lights sanded and polished, I am going to clear coat them probably Wednesday when the weather warms up a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Looks great the headlights turned out really great!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Looks great the headlights turned out really great!
Yes they did. I wonder if he's taking orders to sand lights atm lol. Mine could use a good cleaning like that. Great job on those lights Chris!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Yes they did. I wonder if he's taking orders to sand lights atm lol. Mine could use a good cleaning like that. Great job on those lights Chris!!!

Thanks!
I have wet sanding pads for this,

I used 2000, 3000, 4000 then I went to the buffer and used a wool pad and some 3M polishing compound

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks!
I have wet sanding pads for this,

I used 2000, 3000, 4000 then I went to the buffer and used a wool pad and some 3M polishing compound

Nice!! I'll keep the grits in mind thanks!!. I need to pick up a DA sander in the future so maybe I'll get this too.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
@waughoo the plan for the new wheels is to find a good set of tires designed more for summer/performance. I’m thinking the Federal Formoza FD2’s because we put a set of those on the charger last summer and they seem to be a really good tire, ride great, really sticky/plenty of traction.
As for color I’m thinking of going with the Mitsubishi X13 Kalapana Black (pic of the car that paid for the 6 attached for color reference) because that color was amazing when it was clean and polished it was a really deep black. I still want to look into powder coating but I have a feeling it would be a bigger bill than I’m willing to take right now with all the other suspension bits I am buying.
As always though I’m open to suggestions, for color or especially tire choice I want something good but I also don’t want to spend $6-800 on tires alone.
IMG_1219.jpg

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
:eek:fftopic: sooooo today I bought a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7 auto 4x4 for $200 USD with 200,421 miles on it that needs some tlc front suspension/hub bearings, A/C compressor, new tires, new fuel pump...new front driveshaft...:unsure: I am going back tomorrow with a trailer to pick it up.....

my hopes here are to have a good winter car for next winter and something I can drive for a while this summer to park the 6 for some much needed body work.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
$200 dang thats cheap!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Dang, I didn't realize that you were going to go black too lol. It will be another 2 years before I'm ready for paint but when I'm ready, it was going to be black. Same for my wife. She wants her Bug white on black for a Nightmare before Christmas theme that she's going for and I'm going Dark red on black for a theme to be announced later:wink2:

That's a great buy for a vehicle. I've been trying to keep my eye out for a truck on the cheap but haven't really found anything worth my while at this time.

Have you had any luck on finding a subframe for the 6 yet? It's a shame my yard doesn't have more than 1 v6 in it. I'd really like to see what exactly is different between the manual and auto subframe. It shouldn't be much really.

Edit: these are the tires I run in FL all year long. They handle great even in the rain. On dry days, I'm able to take corners at higher speeds than I should be taking them lol. The backs have been on the car for the 4 years that we've had it and the fronts have been changed once. Granted I haven't been able to rotate my tires because the jackass that mounted them got the rotation wrong on one of the tires and it is a hard nope for putting the wrong rotation on the front. The best part of these is the fact that they are about $70 each. Both the bug and the 6 have these and we love them.

Screenshot_20190314-082712.jpg

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Dang, I didn't realize that you were going to go black too lol. It will be another 2 years before I'm ready for paint but when I'm ready, it was going to be black. Same for my wife. She wants her Bug white on black for a Nightmare before Christmas theme that she's going for and I'm going Dark red on black for a theme to be announced later:wink2:

That's a great buy for a vehicle. I've been trying to keep my eye out for a truck on the cheap but haven't really found anything worth my while at this time.

Have you had any luck on finding a subframe for the 6 yet? It's a shame my yard doesn't have more than 1 v6 in it. I'd really like to see what exactly is different between the manual and auto subframe. It shouldn't be much really.

Yeah, I like the black for the wheels it matches all the other trim nicely.
I know it was a great buy as I’ve been looking into it, it doesn’t have even half the problems this so called “mechanic” was telling the guy I bought it from it had. For example it supposedly had a bad rod knock, no it has a slight ticking/tapping on the top end most likely a loose rocker arm these 3.7s have them come loose all the time and even come off at times. It doesn’t need the entire suspension either it needs a driver side ball joint and a tie rod end, it doesn’t even need a fuel pump, I hate sleazy mechanics that try to scam people out of their hard-earned money.

Sorry for my rant lol as for the frame I have not found one the manual I had mentioned before had been taken when I went back to the yard for the wheels so i might try to go up to Cleveland to the yard there at some point (it’s an hour + drive one way so it may or may not happen) but as of now it’s looking like the frame is going to be a patch job because I’m not spending $300+ on a new one

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
https://www.lkqonline.com/2006-Mazda-6-Suspension-Crossmember-k-Frame/-hOnK4OcFFD

I'm not sure how much you are willing to spend but I just found these on LKQonline. Not sure how much shipping would be but it's something. Plus if you order 1 from below the salt belt, chances are that it would be in good condition.

Thanks, I always forget about lkq I’ve bought a few things from them shipping won’t be a concern there’s an lkq office/distributor/yard up in Akron about 30 minutes from me if I call them and have the sales person order it I can pick it up and avoid the shipping cost
Also just saw your edit on the tires so thanks for that too I’ve never heard of those so I’ll add them to my list to look into, the price definitely does seem good if they’re as good as you say

121 - 140 of 183 Posts