Mazda 6 Forums banner

181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Shouldn't it be pretty easy to diagnose an oil leak? I'm curious to find out where its coming from.
There’s barely enough room to fit a hand between the front of the engine and the passenger side of the engine bay. This makes it very difficult to even see the front upper half of the engine and I have not had time to put the car on jack stands take the plastics off of the passenger side as well as the serp belt and clean everything so I can see where the oil is coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

484 Posts
There’s barely enough room to fit a hand between the front of the engine and the passenger side of the engine bay. This makes it very difficult to even see the front upper half of the engine and I have not had time to put the car on jack stands take the plastics off of the passenger side as well as the serp belt and clean everything so I can see where the oil is coming from.

Ah okay, i see. V6 engines are large and complex to be fitted transversely into a FWD engine bay. Makes maintenance complicated.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Had a nice warm day today, so both the 6 and the Liberty got some much needed attention!

·
Registered
628 Posts
The 6 is looking great! And judging by the bottoms of the doors on your Jeep, I can tell you live in a state with no inspections 😀

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
The 6 is looking great! And judging by the bottoms of the doors on your Jeep, I can tell you live in a state with no inspections
Hahaha it has the typical liberty rockers! I live in Ohio no inspection of any kind where I live!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Well this happened tonight....

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yikes! What's the story there?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Yikes! What's the story there?
Well here it is-
I got out of work early and had a choice, (knowing it was supposed to get bad later) go home and get the Jeep (the original plan before I got out of work 3 hours early) or go see my boyfriend... but I didn’t have time for both before my dinner plans...obviously I chose the latter. 5 hours of nonstop snow later some dumbass cut me off when I hit the brakes I slid sideways into a guardrail at 20mph it f****d up the fender pretty bad the headlight looks like it’s just the lens so easy fix and the paint on the bumper no cracks or anything on the bumper it’s just the paint.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
bummer!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #192

·
Registered
544 Posts
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: 😄... same thing came to my mind when I read the post, then I thought, it must be the other way around :ROFLMAO:

So it sucks that you will probably have to replace the fender, the challenge is getting a good color match for it and the bumper.
Check that the inner structure did not get pushed in (inner fender and header panel), take a diagonal measurement starting at the struts.

The one thing I always disliked about the 6 is how it handles in snow, the tail is too lose in my opinion and Winter tires are a must if you get a decent amount of snow.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
No...i am a guy...I‘m gay...

Thank you for clarifying it. I really got confused.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car, but I'm sure that you can easily restore it. It should be an easy task for you, considering the build and/or modifications you have made.

I've been following your thread since I joined.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
That sucks. Make sure you check the core support for cracks. It's plastic...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: ... same thing came to my mind when I read the post, then I thought, it must be the other way around :ROFLMAO:

So it sucks that you will probably have to replace the fender, the challenge is getting a good color match for it and the bumper.
Check that the inner structure did not get pushed in (inner fender and header panel), take a diagonal measurement starting at the struts.

The one thing I always disliked about the 6 is how it handles in snow, the tail is too lose in my opinion and Winter tires are a must if you get a decent amount of snow.
The shitty/somewhat good part is that the bumper and hood were just painted in September, shitty since it wasn’t that old good since it’s fresh paint so the color match should be good and I still have paint leftover...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Thank you for clarifying it. I really got confused.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car, but I'm sure that you can easily restore it. It should be an easy task for you, considering the build and/or modifications you have made.

I've been following your thread since I joined.
Thanks for following!! It shouldn’t be too bad honestly it’s just irritating since the headlights and bumper weren’t very old.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
That sucks. Make sure you check the core support for cracks. It's plastic...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yep gonna investigate all of that after work today.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
UPDATE!!

After work I investigated the car a little more in the daylight, the core support is NOT crack or messed up in any way and the hood was untouched. I am definitely going to have to replace the fender I'm fairly certain that the headlight is fine internally it should be good as new with a new lens and I confirmed the bumper didn't crack anywhere it will just need painted again. I will have to take the fender off to see if there is any damage internally that my only concern at this point

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Welll no good news, there was some minor internal damage and the back corner of the headlight was punctured and not salvageable. I tried to just swap the internals to my old standard housing and everything works perfectly except the mounting tabs for the adjustment motor aren’t there making it unusable. So now $155 later I have a replacement on the way from eBay...

181 - 200 of 202 Posts