Mazda 6 Forums banner
301 - 304 of 304 Posts
will 235/45 17x8 +50 fit on mazda 6 2004 without rolling fenders?
I'd imagine you might touch the sidewall at/near full lock?

Also would anyone be able to give a definite answer on whether or not one could use the 17" alloys from a Gen1 Mazda 3 as a replacement?
It is 205/50r 17 so I know, not on the list but the interwebs suggests otherwise.
The only thing I found troubling was the Mazda3 17"s have a load capacity of 560kgs, whereas all the Mazda6 17"s have ~610kgs. Not sure how the weight actually distributes on the wheel so no clue if that's enough.

Hello all

Has anyone tried to put 215/55 R17 tires instead of the stock 215/50R17 ? I have a big deal for 4 winter tires with the rims but I'm not sure they will fit

Hello all

Has anyone tried to put 215/55 R17 tires instead of the stock 215/50R17 ? I have a big deal for 4 winter tires with the rims but I'm not sure they will fit
I wouldn't recommend it.

The tires probably fit, but the difference between the diameter/circumference of the tire sizes is beyond the 2-3% tolerance limit. Plus if you're going an indicated 60 MPH you'll actually be going 62 MPH, which can be the difference between receiving a speeding ticket or not.

I wouldn't recommend it.

The tires probably fit, but the difference between the diameter/circumference of the tire sizes is beyond the 2-3% tolerance limit. Plus if you're going an indicated 60 MPH you'll actually be going 62 MPH, which can be the difference between receiving a speeding ticket or not.
Thanks !

I just tried to see the result: The front is Ok, the speed indicator was still accurate but the back tires were in contact with the rear fender sometimes, and enough to be clearly audible in the car!

301 - 304 of 304 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.